2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
red302

Need a little help with Procharger install....

Hey guys, can anyone show me a pic or explain to me where the black hanger supplied in the ATI kit for the MAF housing is supposed to be installed in the fenderwell. Also, the way they show to assemble the MAF housing, screen, adaptor, and gaskets doesn't seal up completely. There is a slight leak between the plastic housing and the black gasket, as the housing isn't perfectly flat and only seals well at the corners where it's bolted. Doesn't it have to seal completely? Last, is the plug for the MAF going to reach if I unwrap the harness, or will I have to cut and splice in wires to extend the plug into the fenderwell? I must admit that as I've read here, the Procharger kit leaves alot to be desired as far as fitment goes. I've had to do alot of machining and modifications to the supplied parts to make it work correctly on my '03 Mach, and I'm not finished yet! I've gotten much more information from this forum that what's in the installation manual Procharger supplies with the "Complete Kit". Thanks for any help you can give me.
red302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Re: Need a little help with Procharger install....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red302 View Post
Hey guys, can anyone show me a pic or explain to me where the black hanger supplied in the ATI kit for the MAF housing is supposed to be installed in the fenderwell. Also, the way they show to assemble the MAF housing, screen, adaptor, and gaskets doesn't seal up completely. There is a slight leak between the plastic housing and the black gasket, as the housing isn't perfectly flat and only seals well at the corners where it's bolted. Doesn't it have to seal completely? Last, is the plug for the MAF going to reach if I unwrap the harness, or will I have to cut and splice in wires to extend the plug into the fenderwell? I must admit that as I've read here, the Procharger kit leaves alot to be desired as far as fitment goes. I've had to do alot of machining and modifications to the supplied parts to make it work correctly on my '03 Mach, and I'm not finished yet! I've gotten much more information from this forum that what's in the installation manual Procharger supplies with the "Complete Kit". Thanks for any help you can give me.
On my kit I did not use the MAF bracket and I have not had an issue for over 4+ years. As for the MAF not sealing, I am on my third MAF because the plastic housing warps and passes air out the sides. As far as how it all went together.... I honestly don't remember. Just play with the metal spacer, two gaskets, screen, and MAF till it all comes together. I did not have to extend my MAF wiring due to me using a Diablo MAF.ia.

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
sideways03
LS What?

I didn't use the MAF bracket.

Yes your MAF needs to seal completely. Sounds like something is warped or maybe you don't have the gaskets on right...

The MAF wires are not going to reach unless you splice in extensions or if you are using a mafia.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
red302

I was afraid of that. Really didn't want to have to cut up my wiring harness. I can't believe for what you have to pay for the "Kit", they can't supply a plug-in extension!!
red302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
Shane@TM
Toledo Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by red302 View Post
I was afraid of that. Really didn't want to have to cut up my wiring harness. I can't believe for what you have to pay for the "Kit", they can't supply a plug-in extension!!
i agree. but if your using your stock maf, you best be considering a diablo maf.ia anyways. worth it. you will most likely peg the stock maf if im not mistaken.
CRT PERFORMANCE TUNED
Shane@TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@TM View Post
i agree. but if your using your stock maf, you best be considering a diablo maf.ia anyways. worth it. you will most likely peg the stock maf if im not mistaken.
Yes I pegged mine and now have a Mafia.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote