2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #426
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Re: NASCAR thread

Worse part, is that NASCAR can't do anything to him about it cause there isn't any rules saying he is not allowed to express his feelings about NASCAR. I do agree with Stewart on some of the stuff he was complaing about. They have been throwing quite a bit of "debris" cautions but a lot of times, no one can ever see the debris. There was one race where Jimmy Johnson should have won, they threw the caution right towards the end of the race and he got screwed. The never did say what the debris was and where it was. From what I see, Stewart isn't the only one complaing about either. Everyone else is just too scared to say anything to NASCAR. Too bad I'll miss the first half of the Talladega race this weekend. I'll be at a car show.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #427
pic18

Congratulations to my fave Bobby Labonte for winning the Busch race at Talladega today! I haven't been able to scream Go Bobby at the TV for a long time! That made my Saturday!

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red
2011 Z71 Silverado
pic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #428
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pic18 View Post
Congratulations to my fave Bobby Labonte for winning the Busch race at Talladega today! I haven't been able to scream Go Bobby at the TV for a long time! That made my Saturday!
Wow, that would be something to see him do a sweep. It's been a day or two since the 43 took a checkered flag.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #429
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Bummed about Schrader not making the race and being slower than the Toyotas makes it even worse. I'll be DVRing the race tomorrow so I can fast forward through the 10,000 commercials!

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:10 AM   #430
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
Bummed about Schrader not making the race and being slower than the Toyotas makes it even worse. I'll be DVRing the race tomorrow so I can fast forward through the 10,000 commercials!
Do you have the EXPRESSed permission of NASCAR.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-29-2007, 09:09 AM   #431
ylopony

What would be a perfect world for me in Nascar would have been Tony Stewart being part of the Toyota team. Then I wouldn't have to worry about the punk whining every week as to why he didn't win a race. What an idiot.

Another event that was upsetting was to watch a few idiots last week pelt Gordons car with beer and objects when he gave a tribute to a great racer in Dale Sr. last week. Even Jr. knew it was a class tribute. These few idiots tarnish the image of some of Nascars greatest and passionate fans: Earnhardt fans. I've gone to several races and love the true fan of the #3 and #8 car. These idiots are not the image that Dale Sr. would have wanted to see in his fans.

Here's my prediction for today. Gordon to win back to back, followed by Dale Jr. once again looking good in a restrictor plate race, Jimmie Johnson in third, , and Nascars punk Tony Stewart

Last edited by ylopony; 04-29-2007 at 09:16 PM.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #432
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffav View Post
Do you have the EXPRESSed permission of NASCAR.
If you don't tell them I won't!

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:03 PM   #433
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
If you don't tell them I won't!
They don't call me, I don't call them.

Jimmy sure is bumping into a few things today.

I agree with the comments on the bad treatment of Gordon when doing the "3" tribute. NO CLASS!
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #434
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Boy, I wonder what Tony's going to have to say on his next radio program after this? Johnson needs to be fined or at least have an official 'bumper car' sticker on the car...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:02 PM   #435
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
LMMFAO@ the "debris" after widdle Jeffey's yellow checker win.
First off, I don't like Gordon!!! It was nice to see the debris distributors in cuffs. That is just low class behavior and not typical of most NASCAR fans.

Tony needs to stay away from a mic for a few days.

I don't like him either but he is fun to watch and very talented.

Toyotti almost made it to the end. They won't #1 today.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #436
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I don't agree with the beer can throwing, but I still think it's funny because it's happening to Gordon. It's an Earnhardt track, and they did'nt want to see him surpass Earnhardt's win record especially at that track.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #437
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Wonder what the arrested da Jeffy haters for?
Littering???

Disorderly conduct and considering the locals --- resisting arrest.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #438
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Wonder what the arrested da Jeffy haters for?
The cops probably took them back to the cop shop and gave them medals.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Old 04-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #439
ylopony

As you can tell, yep I'm one of the few here that is a Gordon fan. I was also a Dale Sr. fan and I like JR. as well. Way to go, back to back for a great driver whether you Gordon haters want to admit it or not.

I for one find no humor at all in classless village idiots who want to hide behind a #3 t-shirt and call themselves fans and disgrace the legacy of a great driver like Dale Earnhardt. I'm sure most Earnhardt fans and Dale Jr. find it an embarrassment and a disgrace to see that pathetic behavior.

I will say this about throwing objects. There is absolutely nothing funny about it. Last year my daughter who's 8 years old was nailed in the back of the head at Michigan with a Budweiser can by a village idiot wearing a #3 shirt. What was our offense?? We were all wearing Jeff Gordon Shirts and caps. This idiots response for hitting a kid, "that's what she gets for wearing that faggots number". Yes he was arrested, yes I pressed charges, and though he didn't go to jail, he paid a hefty fine and now has a criminal record as well.

So sorry if I'm not very humorous in this activity. I"m sure that Earnhardt is looking down right now and find it a disgrace to see this pathetic behavior.

Last edited by ylopony; 04-30-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #440
G
Undocumented Member

That's bad behavior, nobody can support that kind of crap. Sorry that happened.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #441
03AV8R
Terrible Dyno Car!

My only sad thought is that i didnt see any beer bottles actually hit the 24 car.. It woulda been nice to see just one land squarely on the roof or something.. i woulda bailed the guy out & paid his fine for that!

Axles of Evil Racing

Bolt-On's
All the good ones :PIMP: running 11.17's N/A on the stock factory motor.
Results
Best 1/4 mile 11.174 (Slicks) 11.2's (Quick TP's) 12.072 (17" Street Stocker wheels & tires)
Best MPH 119.22
Best 60' 1.474 (With ET Drags) 1.51 (Quick TP's) 1.8's (17" stockers)
03AV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:11 AM   #442
FEARED
USN

I dont agree with the finishing of a race on a yellow flag.. kinda lame. But i geuss its fine for now because Jr placed 5th instead of running out of gas and going back to 30+. Oh well.. good race.
FEARED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #443
ylopony

Here's a pretty good article that I found online this morning mentioning the very thing that happened to my daughter. I hope that some of you with kids or soon to be proud poppa of twins never experience watching your child in tears after being hit on the head with a beer can by an idiot like I did and then have to hear the drunk azz point to his #3 shirt and yell obscenities to an 8 year old.

Here's the solution. Since a MINORITY of fans cannot act responsibly and find this funny. The $5.29 six packs of Budweiser will have to stay back with the car in the parking lot. Then you can go into the track and now pay $5.00 for a 20oz draft of Budweiser in a plastic cup. Not every can that was thrown made it out on the track. I'm sure that several fans were innocently hit.

Sorry about the rant. But reading intelligent people on this site that I've enjoyed reading their posts in the past, I find no humor in a potentially deadly act as this funny.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/opin...wer/index.html
Old 04-30-2007, 07:54 AM   #444
machths
Mach 1 Member

Well, I must say, the Earnhardt fans that I've met/seen don't strike me as intelligent folks. The funniest part is, when NASCAR says they can no longer bring cans or bottles into the stands, do you honestly expect them to be smart enough to figure out that they screwed themselves. A result of their own classless and ridiculous actions? No. That'll probably be Gordon's fault, or Rick Hendrick's fault. After all, when the ounces printed on your Bud can are directly proportional to your I.Q. you get statements like..."Gordon's gay, and he sucks as a race car driver." That's why he's #6 on the all-time win list, and married to yet another stunning woman.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
machths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #445
machths
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
I'm joking about the beer throwing thing. Do you guys honestly think I'd support crap like that?
I'd hope not.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
Old 04-30-2007, 10:54 AM   #446
ylopony

Quote:

I'm joking about the beer throwing thing. Do you guys honestly think I'd support crap like that?
I didn't think that you would, and didn't mean to make it sound like that if it did.

As for someones dislike for a driver, that is cool. I personally can't stand Tony Stewart or Kurt Busch. In fact Dale Jarrett was a favorite of mine for years, but not in the Toyota.If it ended with booing a driver like Gordon, or even as Jr. suggested throw out rolls of toilet paper instead, I'd find that funny.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #447
birdman941
Torque wins!

Quote:
GORDON IS A LITTLE EGOTISTICAL AZZ! His "little bigman" syndrome led him to screw around on his beautiful first wife..........................

But did they ever get the guy's name?

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:41 PM   #448
G
Undocumented Member

Jeffy will never be as well liked as guys with "0" championships like Mark Martin, Jeff Burton, and Ricky Rudd. He and his car owner have history and problems that make them unattractive to the knowledgeable fan.

I don't think it's fair to lump Dale Sr fans into a "low IQ" heap. Until I see someone better come along, he is the greatest of all time. His style also attracted a rough element that just ain't the average "Big E" fan.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #449
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

If they ban beer cans from coolers being brought in and you can only buy beer in cups, then they better ban ALL water bottles from being brought in also, and plastic bottles of water being sold at the concession stand, because that's what they'll move onto next. I saw it happen at an Ozzfest I went to about 8 years ago. People were heaving hundreds of those things into the crowd and some were even pissing in the water bottles and tossing them. I never got hit but I was constantly looking in back of me because they were being heaved from up on a hilly grass area. Tons of people were getting pelted.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #450
machths
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffav View Post
I don't think it's fair to lump Dale Sr fans into a "low IQ" heap. Until I see someone better come along, he is the greatest of all time. His style also attracted a rough element that just ain't the average "Big E" fan.
True, not all of them I'm sure, but like I said, this behavior is quite typical of the Jr. fans that I've seen with my own eyes at Talladega, Charlotte, Martinsville, and Atlanta. The ironic thing about your last statement is this is the reason I started pulling for Gordon in the first place. His style. He came on the scene and was able to beat Dale at his own game. You'd think that true Earnhardt fans would respect that. Also, Dale Earnhardt himself had a lot of respect for Gordon. Dale Sr. introduced Dale Jr. to Gordon and told Jr. to pay attention to Jeff because he could learn something from him. That's why I just don't understand the hatred...it doesn't make sense to me. As for Jeff's win yesterday...it couldn't have been any more of a storybook ending than it was. To break Dale Sr.'s win record at "his" track, on his birthday, and in the same fashion that Dale Sr. won his last race at that same track. That must've been incredible to witness! No one cares about the historical significance though. Just a real shame.

1996 Laser Red Cobra