2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #51
ShakeMe

Re: LDC Cooling mod install.

I'm about to replace the clutch and pulled this thread up. What happened to LDC?

Feb 09 N2O 10.91 @ 124.21(1.55 60ft)
Feb 09 NA 11.85 @ 112.87 (1.60 60ft)
ShakeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:39 AM   #52
one mach 1
Pro-gun Conservative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakeMe View Post
I'm about to replace the clutch and pulled this thread up. What happened to LDC?
What's up Charles? Almost in the 10's? I have a coolant leak from the passenger side of the engine near the firewall dripping from the tranny area. I think I have a coolant bipass leak or possibly a heaterhose leak. I was thinking of this mod, but LDC might have went out of business!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #53
goalkeeper035

Call Logan Motorsports in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago for a cooling mod kit, a little over $100.

Keith Logan
Owner/Operator
(630) 531-0897
keith@loganmotorsports.com

I called and ordered mine today.

Last edited by goalkeeper035; 03-25-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo
goalkeeper035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #54
mmustangsrus
res. crazy hottie poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalkeeper035 View Post
Call Logan Motorsports in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago for a cooling mod kit, a little over $100.

Keith Logan
Owner/Operator
(630) 531-0897

hmmm is it pretty much the same kit ????

03-black cobra R.I.P.
03-azure blue mach 1 born on 3-11-03 gone but not forgotten
black 03 cobra vert. SVT 10th anniv. ,95 DARK GREEN GT
if your worried about fuel economy,buy a honda. just think about whats more important to you. saving a few bucks at the pump, or driving around with a boner
mmustangsrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #55
kallen924
LT MOTORSPORTS.COM

i to was wondering about this kit, have been looking but company that is mentioned the most ldc or what ever is out of business. Is this other kit for 100 bucks any good ?
kallen924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #56
FEARED
USN

Any ideas on where to get a cooling mod kit now?
FEARED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #57
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Bump, I'd like to know where to buy one now too. Pulling clutch/trans in the next week or so

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #58
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparksMach1 View Post
Bump, I'd like to know where to buy one now too. Pulling clutch/trans in the next week or so
found some info online aparently this company now makes the old "LDC cooling mod"
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=11294

FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #59
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
Just do it yourself.
I plan on putting everything in myself... can I buy all the parts I need from a hardware store? it looks like the fittings that go into the heads are something that I cannot get unless I buy the kit. Any tips?

Old 06-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #60
XSELLR8
Mach-o-holic

Just a little heads up on the tranny pull. I just did it for the first time. 2 things. 1. Haynes manual does not tell you to pull the starter (they do on the clutch section, but not the tranny section)
2. Take the panel on the front of the transmission off. The manual doesn't mention this either.
Maybe you already knew this, but I sure found out the hard way!
Not the best picture, transmission of left, oil pan on right. The panel I'm talking about is above the block of wood. The starter is hanging down on the bottom right of the picture. Make sure to get all three bolts on the starter. One goes into the front of the transmission, the other two are facing the same way as the transmission mounting bolts. Sorry if this is TMI
XSELLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #61
machgsxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparksMach1 View Post
I plan on putting everything in myself... can I buy all the parts I need from a hardware store? it looks like the fittings that go into the heads are something that I cannot get unless I buy the kit. Any tips?
Buy a passenger side fitting and then you can buy the hose and a tee from lowes. Should come out to about maybe 60 total. You will never see it and I like it better than the evans one.
machgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #62
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Anyone have a diagram of the coolant routing from the driver side to the passenger side once the home made version is installed?

Also in the above picture is shows a drivers side fitting, obviously we dont have one, so is it nothing more than the passenger side that has been modified?

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #63
machgsxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 View Post
Anyone have a diagram of the coolant routing from the driver side to the passenger side once the home made version is installed?

Also in the above picture is shows a drivers side fitting, obviously we dont have one, so is it nothing more than the passenger side that has been modified?
Same thing as that ldc one you got pictured. It just runs over to the passenger side right above the tranny and t's into the passenger side coolant outlet. On the homemade version though, it is a brass tee instead of being a nice pretty welded outlet.

Thats all it looks like. With a slot to make it bolt down to the drivers side head. I drilled a hole to serve the same purpose.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #64
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Anyone have a parts list of all the items needed to make your own and where we can buy them?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #65
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

It was mentioned that the EGR tube had to be moved in order to gain acess to the drivers side freeze out plug. But as far as I can tell, it was never stated if you can run the EGR tube with the cooling mod installed.

Can you run the cooling mod and EGR at the time?

Old 07-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #66
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Ok let me re-phrase my problem/question....

I bought a passenger side outlet tube and I am planning on installing it in the drivers side instead of spending the money for a whole kit. Yes I know I will have to come up with a fix for bolting it in, but that is not the problem. If I just holding the passenger side outlet tube up against the the back of the head at the freeze out plug, it appears that the EGR pipe will hit the driver side outlet tube.

I was wondering if anyone has used the passenger side outlet on the drivers side and did the EGR tube have to come off?

Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #67
bigbadwolff66

If you are trying to use a factory Ford head fitting you will have interference issues with the EGR tube, that is why LDC custom made each one of their kits, so they would fit properly without interference.

Teeing the two lines together still routes the coolant flow thru the heater core and then to the back of the water pump where it gets recirculated in the block and never hits the radiator.

Our Even Flow kits will fit the Mach 1s and install from the top of the engine. No transmission removal is necessary and we give you a direct path back to the radiator for cooling.

Whatever you decide, try and use brass fittings as opposed to the plastic ones. Some early cooling kits from Apten had issues with the plastic cooling tees melting from heat.
bigbadwolff66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #68
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwolff66 View Post
Teeing the two lines together still routes the coolant flow thru the heater core and then to the back of the water pump where it gets recirculated in the block and never hits the radiator.
I am confused, are you saying this is worse then the drivers side was staying in the OE configuration? It would seem that even it was merging with the passenger side, it has to help the drivers side.

Either way, your kit or someone elses, are there cooling issues while driveing? I ask because you make it sound like the drivers side when modded by a kit other than yours, would never get cooled by the radiator, which I dont see how that could be. After all you create an outlet on the backside of the head where there was no outlet before.

With my electric water pump, I am 100% fine with it going through the heater core as I run the blower motor and water pump while in the pits to cool the car down.

BTW thanks for the info....

Old 07-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #69
STREET BULLY
STREET BULLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalkeeper035 View Post

Keith Logan
Owner/Operator
(630) 531-0897

How does the engine benfit from this kit? Thanks
STREET BULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #70
machgsxr

Sorry, but I was asked for pics a long time ago. Im really lazy with them and it just takes too long to get them from the camera to the computer to here.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4...chparts052.jpg
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1...chparts053.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8611/machparts054.jpg
Old 12-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #71
mach1metalhead

yes, i know this is a ressurection, but if i posted a new thread, i would have been directed here anyways... (isn't that why it's stickied?)

now that that is out of the way, i was looking into this mod and i was curious... what's the difference between the following kits?

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=11294

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-...ng-mod-p-16947

is there a reason Lethal's is WORLDS cheaper?
JLT RAI - 1/2" Intake Spacer - Mac longtubes - Mac Prochamber - Borla cat-back - PA Racing k-member - Energy Suspension motor mounts - Eibach Sportline springs - Eibach anti-roll kit - SPC caster/camber kit - Steeda X2 ball-joints - Steeda strut tower bar - Eibach 1" wheel spacers (rear only)
mach1metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:38 AM   #72
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Lethals hooks to the the front of the head and you cut your upper radiator hose for the return.

Agastino's is the old LDC mod that you knock out the freeze out plug from the back of the drivers side head and cross it over to the passenger side head for the return.

I looked at both, but was worried of how the Lethal system would look under the hood and I was not sure about it fitting with my s/c installed as the s/c already modifies the upper radiator hose.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #73
machgsxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown03Mach1 View Post
Lethals hooks to the the front of the head and you cut your upper radiator hose for the return.

Agastino's is the old LDC mod that you knock out the freeze out plug from the back of the drivers side head and cross it over to the passenger side head for the return.

I looked at both, but was worried of how the Lethal system would look under the hood and I was not sure about it fitting with my s/c installed as the s/c already modifies the upper radiator hose.
My buddy is running the lethal 1 and has no problems with it on his procharged car.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:08 AM   #74
Mudd92
03 Mach

Maybe I didnt see it mentioned but is there issues with the evenflow kit? Thats the one Im ordering
Accufab TB, BBK LT's, BBK O/R X, Mac Catback, JLT RAI, 98 Cobra intake cams, EBC redstuff pads, slotted drilled rotors, 31 spline mosers, 31 spline cobra posi, 3" studs, FRPP 3:73, welded tubes, smoked tails. Eaton swap! 465hp,425tq @ 15deg and 3.4pulley @ 10lb. T56 magnum! - Tuned by Eric Brooks! Built motor coming soon

-95 Chevy C1500 5.7 auto
Stock, tow rig and DD.

-Joey
Mudd92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #75
63XL514

I have an 04 Mach 1 had nitrous on it but will be naturally aspirated for a long time to come, but does have a leaking driver's side freeze plug.

Is this really needed if you are staying naturally aspirated? On a really tight budget so every penny counts. (Just my 2 cents, but I definitely think the Agostino/LDC kit is a better way to go but would rather put the money toward a couple new tires.)
63XL514 is offline   Reply With Quote