2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:41 PM   #1
03BumbleBee

Jim Hackett can't Hack it!

Just looking through the Web. and came across an article about Ford's dismal 2019 Fiscal report. Looks like Ford lost 3.6 Billion, They listed several reasons, Pensions, warranty... the Focus transmission Fiasco and slower sales. Hackett has had two years to restructure and Ford is doing worse than before he started. Just wondering what you all think or even if you care. Thanks

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!

Last edited by 03BumbleBee; 02-04-2020 at 07:57 PM.
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:01 PM   #2
Recon

Nope. I’ve lost interest in pretty much everything they offer but the mustang.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: Jim Hackett can't Hack it!

And they're trying to botch the Mustang up as well.Hackett needs the hatchet.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
AlloyPony

I think Ford's problems began over 10 years ago actually. They had the #1 work van in the country which went by year after year largely unchanged, which meant large profit margins. So what did Ford do? They axed it. They had the #2 small pickup in the country despite only giving it occasional refreshment during it's 15+ year life cycle, which meant they were raking in profits on that also. And they axed it.

Then they started trying to force-feed consumers these tiny, forced induction, direct injection engines that have TSB and recall lists miles long, while the market CLEARLY wanted larger displacement, more reliable powertrains. So, GM and especially FCA capitalized big on the opportunity and stole truck and car consumers from Ford.

More recently, they've destroyed two legendary nameplates on an ugly, plastic, golf cart that they're trying to pass off as a fast, fun, practical car. And apparently they're going to destroy another hallowed nameplate by building a SUV to compete with the Jeep Wrangler, despite the fact that every other company who's tried that, including Toyota, ended up sending their offering to the grave yard.

I have no idea what's happened to the Ford Motor Company, but they seem completely and totally disconnected from the consumer and it's been this way for at least 12-15 years now.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
03BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
I think Ford's problems began over 10 years ago actually. They had the #1 work van in the country which went by year after year largely unchanged, which meant large profit margins. So what did Ford do? They axed it. They had the #2 small pickup in the country despite only giving it occasional refreshment during it's 15+ year life cycle, which meant they were raking in profits on that also. And they axed it.

Then they started trying to force-feed consumers these tiny, forced induction, direct injection engines that have TSB and recall lists miles long, while the market CLEARLY wanted larger displacement, more reliable powertrains. So, GM and especially FCA capitalized big on the opportunity and stole truck and car consumers from Ford.

More recently, they've destroyed two legendary nameplates on an ugly, plastic, golf cart that they're trying to pass off as a fast, fun, practical car. And apparently they're going to destroy another hallowed nameplate by building a SUV to compete with the Jeep Wrangler, despite the fact that every other company who's tried that, including Toyota, ended up sending their offering to the grave yard.

I have no idea what's happened to the Ford Motor Company, but they seem completely and totally disconnected from the consumer and it's been this way for at least 12-15 years now.
The Fusion sold fairly well, has a good reputation. But no, lets kill that off too because we are not building cars anymore!

Old 02-05-2020, 07:15 PM   #6
CandMBennett

This is what happens when you put number crunchers in charge instead of people with an automotive passion. Sorry ford but no matter how much you spend trying to convince people in advertising of how great your dumb butt ideas are they will fail. Until they finally get it threw there heads to start listening to those of us that support the company by buying there product its going to be a sad future for them.
CandMBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:48 PM   #7
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post

You make a great point in the SUV world. My first thought when I saw the new Bronco was, wow! an FJ Cruiser replica and a badly done one at that!
We all know what Bronco was and should be, this ain't it.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #8
03BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
You make a great point in the SUV world. My first thought when I saw the new Bronco was, wow! an FJ Cruiser replica and a badly done one at that!
We all know what Bronco was and should be, this ain't it.

That on top of diluting the Mustang Nameplate, I.E. Mach-E. And yes the new GT 500 is awesome , but that is such a niche car. Ford is making the Mustang to sophisticated and priced it out of most peoples affordability. Once you paint yourself into that corner, their is no place to go!

Old 02-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #9
b3warnick

Quote:
I never understood why they axed the Crown Vic. Police cars, taxis, etc. D*** near indestructible, fast enough, and big enough for radios, computers, etc.
b3warnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #10
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3warnick View Post
I never understood why they axed the Crown Vic. Police cars, taxis, etc. D*** near indestructible, fast enough, and big enough for radios, computers, etc.
Yes, yes, YES! I have added a 2003 Town Car to my collection and realize that it (Panther Platform vehicles) may be the finest mass production automobile ever produced.
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #11
HAEG
Heppasketties

A friend works at a dealership in Ohio. They sold a new GT500 the sticker with options was $105,000 the buyer also paid the $25,000 up charge... This is why Ford will out price the car from people like myself. $130,000 buys a house.. My first house was $70,000 25 years ago. The positive is maybe some people who own the 2013/2014 models will upgrade and some of those cars may be at an obtainable price. Not sure I'd ever buy brand new again.. Its a money thing for me... Do like the look of the car though.
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #12
03BumbleBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAEG View Post
A friend works at a dealership in Ohio. They sold a new GT500 the sticker with options was $105,000 the buyer also paid the $25,000 up charge... This is why Ford will out price the car from people like myself. $130,000 buys a house.. My first house was $70,000 25 years ago. The positive is maybe some people who own the 2013/2014 models will upgrade and some of those cars may be at an obtainable price. Not sure I'd ever buy brand new again.. Its a money thing for me... Do like the look of the car though.
Right there with you! When it gets in that price range, you need to be a cash buyer. Can't imagine the payments ,gas and insurance per month. It is funny but I love the 2013-14 Mustang, and a Grabber Blue with black stripes GT 500 would be off the hook!