2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
Con's Mach1

Factory 6 Disc Changer

Were trying to keep the wife's '04 Mach1 completely stock, right down to the Head Unit in the dash. Every now and then discs skip, like the unit doesn't track well at times. Just small skips, but annoying just the same. I was looking at Automotix.net for a new factory head unit. They request a Model # for ordering the new unit. I thought it was just an '04 Mach460 System and that they were all the same. But they list a lot of Numbers which surprised me. Does anyone know how we can tell which Head Unit to order? Just how many can there be? I hope someone knows what model # our Mach1s use so I can order it for her.

Last edited by Con's Mach1; 04-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Con's Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
311-420
Can't be bridled

Re: Factory 6 Disc Changer

The difference between the 03 and 04 Mach radios was the addition of satellite radio in 04(which included a Sat button). That's why 03 and 04 car radios are not interchangeable.

That being said, I've got the stock radio out of my 04 sitting in bubble wrap for the last 7 years not doing me any good. Let me know if you'd like to go that route. I can also check the model number on the back of mine if you'd rather do that.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
The difference between the 03 and 04 Mach radios was the addition of satellite radio in 04(which included a Sat button). That's why 03 and 04 car radios are not interchangeable.

That being said, I've got the stock radio out of my 04 sitting in bubble wrap for the last 7 years not doing me any good. Let me know if you'd like to go that route. I can also check the model number on the back of mine if you'd rather do that.
Hey there! I see you changed the Keep Hate in' logo. Kyle's really come a long way. Sounds GREAT on the head unit. Thanks for the offer. Let me know what if it still works after sitting for 7 years and what you'd want for it. Thanks again. They must be the same unit. I would think they'd interchange. Her's is an Automatic, that may be the difference.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
USMCWeatherMan

Cd player in my 04 was skipping bad. I put in a PIE adapter, still got the stock head unit but now i have an aux port that I can plug my phone into via the headphone jack for Pandora or Amazon mp3 player in. Works great, takes about 15 min to install and cost about $60 on Amazon.
USMCWeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
liv2roc

my factory 04 radio looses time on the clock, it looses about 2 mins a day. wish I new why. anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #6
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con's Mach1 View Post
Hey there! I see you changed the Keep Hate in' logo. Kyle's really come a long way. Sounds GREAT on the head unit. Thanks for the offer. Let me know what if it still works after sitting for 7 years and what you'd want for it. Thanks again. They must be the same unit. I would think they'd interchange. Her's is an Automatic, that may be the difference.
Other than pulling my stereo out and installing this one I couldn't tell you 100% one way or another if it still works. The original owner of my car had already removed it and replaced it with my current head unit when I bought my car in 07 with 40k miles. At what point he pulled it out I don't know, I never asked. But I have to imagine it still worked or he wouldn't have kept it and passed it along.

I'd take$100 shipped for it and if it didn't work I would refund your money and you could send it back to me.

The model number is: 3R3T-18C815-TE. You can use that to shop the price of a new one and decide if you'd rather go new. I also took some pics of mine if you want to see it just pm me your phone number or email and I'll send them to you.
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
Old 04-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2roc View Post
my factory 04 radio looses time on the clock, it looses about 2 mins a day. wish I new why. anyone else have this problem?
Couldn't say on the clock loosing time, my wife keeps hers 20 mins fast on the Mach. Drives me crazy.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #8
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Other than pulling my stereo out and installing this one I couldn't tell you 100% one way or another if it still works. The original owner of my car had already removed it and replaced it with my current head unit when I bought my car in 07 with 40k miles. At what point he pulled it out I don't know, I never asked. But I have to imagine it still worked or he wouldn't have kept it and passed it along.

I'd take$100 shipped for it and if it didn't work I would refund your money and you could send it back to me.

The model number is: 3R3T-18C815-TE. You can use that to shop the price of a new one and decide if you'd rather go new. I also took some pics of mine if you want to see it just pm me your phone number or email and I'll send them to you.
Thank you for getting back to me. If the Faceplate isn't worn, it's probably fine. Since we go to a lot of Car Shows the Head Unit would have to look newish. The model # sounds correct. Thank you for the other avenue to check out new ones. Some I've seen have a 1 year warranty. Let me know if the Faceplate on yours looks show worthy. You've been a BIG help too. Automotix sure uses a LOT of part #s for this unit, or I should say Ford does. Go KYLE. I mean that.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #9
iudelt89
United We Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2roc View Post
Well, time does move more slowly at mach 1 speeds. Wow....that was corny
Black Staggered FR500's, SSS Adrenaline Cat-Back, JBA o/r h-pipe, MGW Short Throw Shifter, H&R SS Springs, Bilstein HD's, MM Bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Subframe Matrix, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, 2000 Cobra R front brake kit, MM pan hard bar, MM LCA's, K&N FIPK Intake, Bama Tune, Shaker Diverter, FRPP 3.73s, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP diff cover, FRPP Traction-Lok diff, Kenny Brown Brake Ducts

'04 Black 5-Speed Mach 1, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
iudelt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #10
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iudelt89 View Post
WOW, didn't think of that.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #11
not a gt

Quote:
WOW, didn't think of that.
..but did you know this about where you live:

An unusual ordinance once required all citizens to own a rake. This ordinance was enacted shortly after the neighboring city of Kennesaw ordered every homeowner to own a gun in 1982. The requirement to own a rake is no longer in effect.
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #12
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
..but did you know this about where you live:

An unusual ordinance once required all citizens to own a rake. This ordinance was enacted shortly after the neighboring city of Kennesaw ordered every homeowner to own a gun in 1982. The requirement to own a rake is no longer in effect.
Yeah, that was funny. I think Acworth was making fun of the Kennesaw law about having to own a gun. So, people in Acworth were reqired to own a rake. Good catch on that old law up here.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #13
Con's Mach1

Quote:

Hey 311-420. I forgot all about this thread I posted but, the 3R3T number is correct. I just ordered her another CD Changer from OEM Audio. But, unlike your 100.00 offer, theirs runs 269.00. They promise that it's in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Who knows, if it doesn't work out, I may still order it from you, if you still have it.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #14
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Hey 311-420. I forgot all about this thread I posted but, the 3R3T number is correct. I just ordered her another CD Changer from OEM Audio. But, unlike your 100.00 offer, theirs runs 269.00. They promise that it's in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Who knows, if it doesn't work out, I may still order it from you, if you still have it.
Wow that's steep for a stock piece. Hopefully it's everything she wants. I've still got mine if you decide to go that route. Just send me a pm.
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
Old 11-13-2014, 06:14 AM   #15
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Wow that's steep for a stock piece. Hopefully it's everything she wants. I've still got mine if you decide to go that route. Just send me a pm.
Great, thank you.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #16
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iudelt89 View Post

Yes it was lol
I bought a used 6 disc for $50 out a Mach, hope it works in my 2002 F150
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
Con's Mach1

Quote:
Yes it was lol
I bought a used 6 disc for $50 out a Mach, hope it works in my 2002 F150
I think there may be an issue with the factory wiring between the two. The units may look alike, but the one you have out of a Mach1, is for the Premium Mach 460 system. I don't believe it will work with the factory wiring in the truck. I may be wrong.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #18
not a gt

Quote:
I think there may be an issue with the factory wiring between the two. The units may look alike, but the one you have out of a Mach1, is for the Premium Mach 460 system. I don't believe it will work with the factory wiring in the truck. I may be wrong.

No I think you are right, hoping a harness will solve that.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #19
Con's Mach1

Quote:
No I think you are right, hoping a harness will solve that.
I really believe that you'll get it to work in that truck too, something tells me.