2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-30-2018, 03:37 PM   #51
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: 2018 Plans for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunMach1 View Post
2 ways to do it:
1) take a tiny flat blade screwdriver and try to pry off where the lil push in clips are making sure not to chip/damage your paint...

or the method I used

2) grab firmly and pull the entire scoop off , its held on w/6 tiny nylon clips that are pretty tough, in fact, the scoop plastic mounts (6) will brake before the clips do, I had to re-glue two of my clip retainer mounts which was no biggie w/superglue. The good news if you do this method is, there is a plastic seal behind the scoop and in most cases it is not stuck on to the car any longer so you can clean it up and reseal it to the car, I used a lil rtv silicone since the original glue was contaminated with dirt/dust and resealed it to the car.

Once you get the scoop off the inserts just push out from the back side.

Where to get them:
you can buy used cobra side scoops on ebay but you have to look for ones w/the terminator inserts or there is actually a guy also on ebay selling some of those NOS inserts at a NOS price too Not sure how many sets he has left as these are no longer made.

Thanks to 2 members on this forum; 311-420 & ab_mach1 for the idea...
I've got those inserts as well, much easier to clean up! One of the subtle things 99.5% of people dont notice.

I highly recommend getting the set of plastic interior panel removal tools, they work great for stuff like this vs a screwdriver. You can get away with a lot more before scratching something. I used those and just popped the inserts out and plopped the new ones in

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #52
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
I've got those inserts as well, much easier to clean up! One of the subtle things 99.5% of people dont notice.

I highly recommend getting the set of plastic interior panel removal tools, they work great for stuff like this vs a screwdriver. You can get away with a lot more before scratching something. I used those and just popped the inserts out and plopped the new ones in
I used a tiny flathead screwdriver with a microfiber wrapped around the end of it. Not a single scratch and the whole thing was over in minutes. Like you said, the cobra inserts are a nice touch that we notice walking alongside our cars, but probably nobody else ever will.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:48 PM   #53
Road Racin Mach

been a few years since I've sown some love to the TTMach1

- Going back to a Teksid Block and ditch this Boss50 block
- Custom turbo cams and ditch the Ford GT cams
- Magnum 6 speed Trans and ditch the faceplated TKO600
- Precision 6062 Turbos and ditch the 13 year old Garret 57mm turbos
- Haltec piggy back ECU so I can retain my stock guages.

Ohhh there's probably more in there that I'll do but this is the list as it stands
More power, more efficiency and more street friendly is the goal.
List of Mods
I drive it to work and the track.

(Her Car)
2003 Oxford White 5spd Mach 1
13.5 @ 101 1.9 60'
Some bolt ons.

2003 Azure Blue
On its way soon.
Low 8s High 7s for this one!
Road Racin Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #54
BONESTOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Racin Mach View Post
been a few years since I've sown some love to the TTMach1

- Going back to a Teksid Block and ditch this Boss50 block
- Custom turbo cams and ditch the Ford GT cams
- Magnum 6 speed Trans and ditch the faceplated TKO600
- Precision 6062 Turbos and ditch the 13 year old Garret 57mm turbos
- Haltec piggy back ECU so I can retain my stock guages.

Ohhh there's probably more in there that I'll do but this is the list as it stands
More power, more efficiency and more street friendly is the goal.
Nice! Why switching from the TKO?
Old 05-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #55
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

I'm turning 50 this summer, so I wanted to do something pretty big to Lorraine. I've had my eye on a brake upgrade kit from Baer in front and (possibly) and SVE rear brake kit in back. I was also going to swap over to stainless brake lines as well.

--OR--

A lower control arm and coilover kit for the front from Maximum Motorsports with their 3rd gen street shocks and struts. Have you noticed Bilsteins are sold out everywhere?!?! Also, a bumpsteer kit from MM as well as their bumpsteer alignment kit. I was going to push for a set of MM heavy duty LCA's, but that was being disputed by the boss at home lol.

I'm still taking time to decide BECAUSE I'm also considering selling and picking up a Boss 302 lol. My wife would kill me if I sold it right after doing this work.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #56
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Mine is getting a new set of Michelin Pilot's in the next couple of days.
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #57
RLWPA

Anyone know where to get a reasonably priced chin spoiler replacement for '04 Mach? Quick look today I saw $210-$250...seems high for that small piece. Mine has some annoying scrape marks; I sure don't remember scraping, but...
RLWPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:44 PM   #58
Road Racin Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONESTOCK View Post
Nice! Why switching from the TKO?
I hate that thing on the street. It only has synchro's for 1st and 5th gears
Great for high rpm shifts but not avg street driving.
List of Mods
I drive it to work and the track.

(Her Car)
2003 Oxford White 5spd Mach 1
13.5 @ 101 1.9 60'
Some bolt ons.

2003 Azure Blue
On its way soon.
Low 8s High 7s for this one!
Road Racin Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #59
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLWPA View Post
Anyone know where to get a reasonably priced chin spoiler replacement for '04 Mach? Quick look today I saw $210-$250...seems high for that small piece. Mine has some annoying scrape marks; I sure don't remember scraping, but...
The one lmr sells is a good price. It has to be pushed forward to sit flush with the leading edge of the bumper cover and new holes will be drilled underneath because the originals don't line up. Easy enough to do and I think it looks better sitting flush than slightly recessed the way the factory did it.
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
Old 05-03-2018, 08:07 PM   #60
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
I rode in an sn95 car that had a trans like that. The noises it made inside the car and also following behind him in my own car were insane. I completely get why you're switching back.

He could slam gears with it though..
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
Old 05-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #61
BONESTOCK

Quote:
PM sent.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #62
AlloyPony

Well, I spent $800 out of pocket to have the front end of my car painted a month or two ago. Bumper, hood, and blend both fenders. Looked awesome when I got it back. I put the LMR hood decals back on it myself.

Then, last week, there was a truck two vehicles ahead of me pulling a utility trailer with scrap on it, not tied down or secured of course. A piece of metal flew off. The van in front of me ran it over, which tossed it up into the air and right into my front bumper.

The guy kept driving but I got his license plate and a police report. I'm meeting with my agent today to see if we can file a claim against the guy for damages. Sigh...

In other news, I spent $360 to get the rips and tears in my seat repaired and it came out good. Too good...because now the rest of the seat looks old compared to the repaired area. I'm happy though. I just couldn't stand to get rid of these seats. They are a part of this special edition of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
MachSeat.jpg  
Old 05-08-2018, 12:03 PM   #63
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
Well, I spent $800 out of pocket to have the front end of my car painted a month or two ago. Bumper, hood, and blend both fenders. Looked awesome when I got it back. I put the LMR hood decals back on it myself.

Then, last week, there was a truck two vehicles ahead of me pulling a utility trailer with scrap on it, not tied down or secured of course. A piece of metal flew off. The van in front of me ran it over, which tossed it up into the air and right into my front bumper.

The guy kept driving but I got his license plate and a police report. I'm meeting with my agent today to see if we can file a claim against the guy for damages. Sigh...

In other news, I spent $360 to get the rips and tears in my seat repaired and it came out good. Too good...because now the rest of the seat looks old compared to the repaired area. I'm happy though. I just couldn't stand to get rid of these seats. They are a part of this special edition of the car.
Dang! Sorry to hear about your bumper! The seat looks great! I didn't even know they could repair seats like that. I say worth it too!
Old 05-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #64
Mike03Mach

Another reason why to have a camera.
Mike03Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #65
BONESTOCK

Quote:

The seat came out great! What did they do? Patch it?
Old 05-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #66
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
x2

Looks good
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
Old 05-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #67
bris09

Not planned and certainly not expected but the Mach is getting a new twin disc clutch. Getting really tired of pulling clutches that are still like new because the Thowout Bearing failed. This is number 3 in less than 57k miles. All have been Ford pieces. If this one fails, I'm trying an aftermarket one.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #68
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
Not planned and certainly not expected but the Mach is getting a new twin disc clutch. Getting really tired of pulling clutches that are still like new because the Thowout Bearing failed. This is number 3 in less than 57k miles. All have been Ford pieces. If this one fails, I'm trying an aftermarket one.
You don't have to pull or replace a clutch because of a tob failure. Did a dealership tell you that? The tob woes are strong in this community, I know the frustration firsthand. I replaced the second tob in 10k miles a few months back. This time I threw the kitchen sink at it: FR bearing, FR clutch lever and ford pivot stud. Pedal now feels exactly as I remember it did when new. Zero slop, zero pedal rattle and starts engaging near the top 25% of pedal travel like it's supposed to. Hope this helps and saves you from buying another clutch you don't need.
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
Old 05-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #69
BONESTOCK

What you think caused the failure? I just installed my twin and I have my clutch cable adjustment so that the throw out bearing is always in contact with the pressure plate. I'd guess like 5lbs on the fingers. The engagement is perfect for me!
Old 05-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #70
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
What you think caused the failure? I just installed my twin and I have my clutch cable adjustment so that the throw out bearing is always in contact with the pressure plate. I'd guess like 5lbs on the fingers. The engagement is perfect for me!

I’ve got over 25k miles on my Ford Racing TOB, but I keep my TOB just barely-to not touching the pressure plate fingers. Over the years, I was always told that was where the stock spring loaded plastic quadrant setup kept the TOB. The little freeplay spring I put on keeps it in place, pretty much, and gets rid of the pedal rattle. I can’t say that is the reason why mine has lasted 25k miles, but it seems like it’s holding up better than you hear about lately on the forums.

IG: @ab_mach1
Old 05-19-2018, 06:09 PM   #71
bris09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
You don't have to pull or replace a clutch because of a tob failure. Did a dealership tell you that? The tob woes are strong in this community, I know the frustration firsthand. I replaced the second tob in 10k miles a few months back. This time I threw the kitchen sink at it: FR bearing, FR clutch lever and ford pivot stud. Pedal now feels exactly as I remember it did when new. Zero slop, zero pedal rattle and starts engaging near the top 25% of pedal travel like it's supposed to. Hope this helps and saves you from buying another clutch you don't need.
Yes, aware of that. Just don't want any surprises and have been wanting to do the twin disc ever since trying nekasrof's. Pedal effort is insanely low, almost feels like a hydraulic clutch. I went with the HD bearing and High load Pilot bearing this time.

Quote:
The Ford TOB is not known to be a long lasting part. Sad thing is theirs is still considered to be the best one to use.

It is designed to be a constant contact bearing so sounds like you have it set pretty good.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #72
TKat13
Mach-T

Plans this year:
1. New head gasket...
2. Weld on AN-20 fittings to the radiator and connections to all coolant lines on the motor. (prevent another head gasket lift, hose broke and turbo sucked in the coolant) Real braided lines for coolant.
3. Redo the downpipe
4. Minitub - In Progress now
5. Rear coilovers
6. Add adjustable rear lower control arm mounts to rear end.
7. New front coil-overs with 150# springs (strange dual adjustable)
8. Holley HP EFI ECU
9. Upgraded injectors from 80# to either 120 or 160s, pending on what the tuner tells me I need.
10. roll cage
11. Mount battery in the trunk
12. In the process of all this, clean up my engine bay.
13. Box torque boxes.

Goals, get the stupid thing to hook, rev past 7k and make 1000rwhp.

All done, of course in my super large garage, (that is sarcasm for anyone that has seen my available space to work in)

As it stands right now, I have to limit the boost to 13#, I run out of fuel at that point. Currently makes 750RWHP. May have to also increase the piping size of my cold intake side for the MAF, I was limited there as well. But, still have some research to do once I switch to the Holley system.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #73
BONESTOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris09 View Post
Yes, aware of that. Just don't want any surprises and have been wanting to do the twin disc ever since trying nekasrof's. Pedal effort is insanely low, almost feels like a hydraulic clutch. I went with the HD bearing and High load Pilot bearing this time.

The Ford TOB is not known to be a long lasting part. Sad thing is theirs is still considered to be the best one to use.

It is designed to be a constant contact bearing so sounds like you have it set pretty good.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking after searching online. Feels really good now but I only have a couple hundred miles on it. I running with my stock tko600. Soon putting in ttmach1's (aka Road Racin Mach1) faceplated TKO600!
Old 05-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #74
AlloyPony

Quote:
He unstitched the seat, and actually replaced the entire panel. He said the foam looked good enough to keep, so he just replaced that side bolster panel with new material.

When he ordered it, it came as a large roll so I kept the excess and if the passenger seat ever gets really bad I have enough material to get it done to match.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:23 PM   #75
BONESTOCK

Quote:
He unstitched the seat, and actually replaced the entire panel. He said the foam looked good enough to keep, so he just replaced that side bolster panel with new material.

When he ordered it, it came as a large roll so I kept the excess and if the passenger seat ever gets really bad I have enough material to get it done to match.
Sweet!