2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Best Mustang Parts

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay

Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay If you find something Mach 1 Related on eBay - Post it here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Interesting,Check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...16522194846008
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy
 
TRMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Castle, Delaware USA
Posts: 3,370
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Interesting, for sure Curt! Wonder who's car it was? I also wonder why they put the silly 100th Anniversary emblems on the c-pillars, considering 2004 was Fords Centenial.
__________________
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1
 
falcongtho3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 15,864
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

There was another thread on this car when it was first put up for sale. It is a legit VIP serial #'d car.

__________________
Krewe de la Mach Rouge

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

If it's a pre production car would it have a build# ?
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1
 
falcongtho3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 15,864
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
If it's a pre production car would it have a build# ?
It's not a pre-production or even an early build car. VIP VINs are a batch of low serial numbers that were held out and inserted in the production run. Dave's car is a VIP VIN.
There were 53 pre-production Mach 1s built, but these aren't them.

__________________
Krewe de la Mach Rouge

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

OK, Thanks for the clarification John. I thought I remembered that Dave's car is a VIP car. The 53 "pre production" cars, how were they treated?

Thanks in advance John. I figure there is no need for me to remember this info, you are my data base!
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
Interesting, for sure Curt! Wonder who's car it was? I also wonder why they put the silly 100th Anniversary emblems on the c-pillars, considering 2004 was Fords Centenial.
I agree Jim....100th anniversary emblems on a 99th year car??? There are a couple of things on that car I don't like but the color is frickin AWESOME!!!
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
MattN03
03RCODE
 
MattN03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harrodsburg, KY
Posts: 3,646
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
OK, Thanks for the clarification John. I thought I remembered that Dave's car is a VIP car. The 53 "pre production" cars, how were they treated?

Thanks in advance John. I figure there is no need for me to remember this info, you are my data base!
I'd like to know this too...
__________________
2003 Mach 1
Azure Blue
5 speed/IUP
Sold 10/3/12
MattN03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1
 
falcongtho3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 15,864
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
The 53 "pre production" cars, how were they treated?
Thanks in advance John. I figure there is no need for me to remember this info, you are my data base!
When I spoke to the guys at FPG I got into a bit deeper conversation about the '03 production when I ordered my certificate from them and they told me that the first 53 cars were pre-production and scheduled for magazine testing, Ford executives and so forth. These were built well before official production began on Nov. 7. My car was listed as the 66th built, but with the 53 pre-pro cars, it is the 13th production car. Anyone who has their certificate for an '03 car can subtract 53 from their series number to get their actual production number.

__________________
Krewe de la Mach Rouge

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
MattN03
03RCODE
 
MattN03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Harrodsburg, KY
Posts: 3,646
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
When I spoke to the guys at FPG I got into a bit deeper conversation about the '03 production when I ordered my certificate from them and they told me that the first 53 cars were pre-production and scheduled for magazine testing, Ford executives and so forth. These were built well before official production began on Nov. 7. My car was listed as the 66th built, but with the 53 pre-pro cars, it is the 13th production car. Anyone who has their certificate for an '03 car can subtract 53 from their series number to get their actual production number.

So these 53 were never sold to the public, even the Ford executive cars after they finished using them?
__________________
2003 Mach 1
Azure Blue
5 speed/IUP
Sold 10/3/12
MattN03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1
 
falcongtho3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 15,864
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

I'm sure they found their way into the hands of unsuspecting used car buyers, but I don't know of their VINs. It's possible Dave may have that information. I still want to find the 'X' code car that was at the 2002 NY Auto Show...if it still exists.

__________________
Krewe de la Mach Rouge

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

This sounds like a good topic for a discussion with John Clor, Scott Hoag, Dave, Tony and You at this years All Ford Nat's at Carlisle....I would like to sit in on the conversation as well

I would love to own the "X" car!
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #13
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy
 
TRMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Castle, Delaware USA
Posts: 3,370
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
When I spoke to the guys at FPG I got into a bit deeper conversation about the '03 production when I ordered my certificate from them and they told me that the first 53 cars were pre-production and scheduled for magazine testing, Ford executives and so forth. These were built well before official production began on Nov. 7. My car was listed as the 66th built, but with the 53 pre-pro cars, it is the 13th production car. Anyone who has their certificate for an '03 car can subtract 53 from their series number to get their actual production number.

If this is actually the case John, why didn't they reduce the '03 Certificate numbers by 53? It sort of presents a gray area, that has no real significance to anybody outside of our select group of owners. I mean it's nice to be able to say my car is actually the 39th production Mach 1, instead of the 92nd, but there's no paper trail, or documentation to prove that. So in that regard, those 53 pre-production cars actually do count toward the total production number for the 2003 model year.
__________________
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #14
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1
 
falcongtho3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 15,864
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
If this is actually the case John, why didn't they reduce the '03 Certificate numbers by 53? It sort of presents a gray area, that has no real significance to anybody outside of our select group of owners. I mean it's nice to be able to say my car is actually the 39th production Mach 1, instead of the 92nd, but there's no paper trail, or documentation to prove that. So in that regard, those 53 pre-production cars actually do count toward the total production number for the 2003 model year.
It certainly does represent a gray area, and it's all a matter of perspective. If you want to look at it from one, my car is the 66th Mach 1 built...period. From the other, it's the 13th production Mach 1 built. Certainly I like the lower number, and being the 13th, as well as it's delivery on a Friday the 13th, makes for a much more interesting topic of conversation. There may be documentation that Dave has access too, all have are the handwritten notes that I made during my conversation with the guys from FPV. I didn't ask for those facts, they were given to me by the guy at FPV when I actually helped him uncover a serious numbering flaw in their system that led to a delay in the release of the certificates until the problem could be fixed.

__________________
Krewe de la Mach Rouge

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
It certainly does represent a gray area, and it's all a matter of perspective. If you want to look at it from one, my car is the 66th Mach 1 built...period. From the other, it's the 13th production Mach 1 built. Certainly I like the lower number, and being the 13th, as well as it's delivery on a Friday the 13th, makes for a much more interesting topic of conversation

Well John & Jim.....I think we should indeed count the 53 cars.....my build # on my Certificate is 719....take 53 off that# and you end up with ...well let's not go there. I also picked my car up on Friday the 13th! YIKES!!!
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy
 
TRMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Castle, Delaware USA
Posts: 3,370
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
Well John & Jim.....I think we should indeed count the 53 cars.....my build # on my Certificate is 719....take 53 off that# and you end up with ...well let's not go there. I also picked my car up on Friday the 13th! YIKES!!!
Well now, doesn't that explain alot?!?
__________________
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
Well now, doesn't that explain alot?!?
I would say it explains everything!
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #18
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1
 
falcongtho3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 15,864
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

That also might explain why I like 13 rather than my cars other number, 2/3 of what you're talking about !

__________________
Krewe de la Mach Rouge

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #19
CMEmach1
"281 SUPERCHARGED"
 
CMEmach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: West Grove Pa.
Posts: 1,716
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

HaHaHa...I've thought of your # and the thing. I would agree that #13 is better. I will continue to like the 53 as being part of the production totals, you will always discount the 53 and go with your car being #13 and Jim can do whatever he wants as he doesn't have a problem either way!
__________________
'03 Azure Mach1 #719
Built 12/5/02, In Garage 12/13/02

The Ride is Over
It was a BLAST !
The Memories will Last Forever !
Thank You M1R !!!
CMEmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy
 
TRMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: New Castle, Delaware USA
Posts: 3,370
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
HaHaHa...I've thought of your # and the thing. I would agree that #13 is better. I will continue to like the 53 as being part of the production totals, you will always discount the 53 and go with your car being #13 and Jim can do whatever he wants as he doesn't have a problem either way!
LOL! I get tired of 'splaining sh!t to people, so I'll just stick with the number that's on the Certificate and my front bumper, at least they match!
__________________
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #21
03mach1
Admin/Founder
 
03mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Cuba, NY
Posts: 6,782
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

I don;t much more about preproduction than anyone else, especially John C. You have deeper conversations with John Clor and Scott than I do. I don;t have any other info other than what I have heard and read. Sorry.
__________________
David J. Wagner
Founder/Admin Member #0001
http://www.Mach1Registry.com
http://www.Mach1Performance.org
Amsoil T-1 Certified Independant Dealer
Member, MCA
'03 Mach 1, '08 V6 WIP, 76 Cobra II
VIN#301788
03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #22
BlueVIP
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Albertville,al
Posts: 1
Re: VIN# 301781 Azure Mach, VIP Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMEmach1 View Post
Iíve recently acquired vin #301781 , Iím just now starting my research on these cars but my first question is there a way to find out who took possession of my specific vip when it was sold ?
BlueVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2002-2013 Mach1Registry.com

<