2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 05-15-2016, 10:49 PM   #1
03Shadow Grey

Trac Control

A friend of mine made a circuit that tells the car to turn his traction control off instead of on as default . he says if I can find the schematic to this system he can build one for me. Has anyone done this with info to help with process. I realize I can turn it off but im going to forget sometimes. I almost had an accident yesterday. Without going through the whole story ,I needed to cut my *** end sideways to give here room to get by me and braking wasnt an option but my car had other ideas ! Lucky for me she got by before it ( fixed ) what I was trying to do on purpose. Any info would be much appreciated.
03Shadow Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
USMCWeatherMan

Re: Trac Control

Mine is turned off I assume by the previous owner through a custom tune or SCT or other handheld.
USMCWeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:41 AM   #3
96gt02

Yeah it can be easily turned off through a tuner
JLT Next Gen CAI (fenderwell), VAP 5/8 Plenum Spacer, 10" Ported Short Runner Intake (Roy), Bassani Mid Length Headers, Bassani O/R X Pipe, Mac 3" Catback, March Fluid Dampener, Hydro-boost and WP Pulleys, FRPP Aluminum DS, Ported Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, 315/35/17's Tuned by Wicked Motorsports
96gt02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
BONESTOCK

Yup. Mine tuned off.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:32 PM   #5
03Shadow Grey

I was hoping to have it default off but be able to switch it on when the need arises, rain and well rain . Thats all we get down here, lol.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:24 PM   #6
01yellerCobra

There's a way to do it with a relay I think. It's a way of simulating pushing the button at start up. It's been awhile since I've seen it.

I haven't had traction control on for about 10 years. Even in rain I don't miss it. I just drive more carefully.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:06 AM   #7
USMCWeatherMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yellerCobra View Post
I haven't had traction control on for about 10 years. Even in rain I don't miss it. I just drive more carefully.
TC has been turned off in the Mach since I got it, but I've driven with it in another car I had. Never liked it so I left the Mach's turned off. I'm like you, I just drive a lot more careful in the rain.
USMCWeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:36 AM   #8
96gt02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03shadow grey View Post
i was hoping to have it default off but be able to switch it on when the need arises, rain and well rain . Thats all we get down here, lol.
through a tune it is set to default off however you can turn it back on whenever you want by pressing the button lol
JLT Next Gen CAI (fenderwell), VAP 5/8 Plenum Spacer, 10" Ported Short Runner Intake (Roy), Bassani Mid Length Headers, Bassani O/R X Pipe, Mac 3" Catback, March Fluid Dampener, Hydro-boost and WP Pulleys, FRPP Aluminum DS, Ported Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, 315/35/17's Tuned by Wicked Motorsports
Old 05-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #9
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96gt02 View Post
through a tune it is set to default off however you can turn it back on whenever you want by pressing the button lol
I was always told if you turn it off in the tune, its off and cant be turned back on unless you update the tune again. This was way back in the day so maybe they figured something else out

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #10
96gt02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg2003mach1 View Post
i was always told if you turn it off in the tune, its off and cant be turned back on unless you update the tune again. This was way back in the day so maybe they figured something else out
yeah mine is not like that at all, its just set to off as default and i can still control it with the button whenever i want, but each time i start the car its off unless i press it otherwise
Old 05-17-2016, 10:46 AM   #11
01yellerCobra

Quote:
yeah mine is not like that at all, its just set to off as default and i can still control it with the button whenever i want, but each time i start the car its off unless i press it otherwise
What software are you using? Mine is like DSG's in that once it's off in the tune it's off until you change the tune. I'm using SCT to do my tuning.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
Old 05-17-2016, 10:56 AM   #12
96gt02

Sct x3 tuner, bbr was originally the ones who did the tune for me with the default off but still user adjustable, and now its dyno tuned locally with the same.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #13
01yellerCobra

Quote:
Sct x3 tuner, bbr was originally the ones who did the tune for me with the default off but still user adjustable, and now its dyno tuned locally with the same.
Ah. So no chance of us knowing how they did it. I'm definitely curious.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #14
logan03co

I dont have any first-hand experience on this setup - but check it out: Dallas Mustangs - Trac-Ready Traction Control, 1999-2004

From the website:
"1999 through 2004 Mustangs equipped with electronic traction control. The driver can manually disable (via switch) traction-control at any time. However, traction-control will be re-enabled each time the vehicle is started."

"With the new TracReady device from Dallas Mustang, traction-control will remain disabled at all times unless manually enabled (via switch) by the driver."

$27.99

A couple upgrades completed & many more waiting!
logan03co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:29 PM   #15
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
That's not how mine worked when Bama turned it off. It would not do anything when you pressed the button. I asked about it and they said it doesn't work that way. It just disables it completely. I just left it on with my new LaSota tune. Is that not how yours works?
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:37 PM   #16
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan03co View Post
I dont have any first-hand experience on this setup - but check it out: Dallas Mustangs - Trac-Ready Traction Control, 1999-2004

From the website:
"1999 through 2004 Mustangs equipped with electronic traction control. The driver can manually disable (via switch) traction-control at any time. However, traction-control will be re-enabled each time the vehicle is started."

"With the new TracReady device from Dallas Mustang, traction-control will remain disabled at all times unless manually enabled (via switch) by the driver."

$27.99

I remember the owner 03mach1 mentioning that they had something like this when they 99-04's first came out. Looks like they are making it, or something like it again. I'm gonna check that out because I'd like to have it setup like this. Thanks for the link!
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #17
01yellerCobra

There's a chance that 96gt02's car has one of those boxes installed already. I know most tuners don't turn off traction control unless you ask for it.

Just going off my experience on this. I've tuned a few cars and turned off the traction control on all of them. Once I turned it off it couldn't be turned back on with the button.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:19 PM   #18
96gt02

No my car does not have one of those boxes i am 100% sure. I asked for it to be turned off in my tune. When i start the car the traction light is light is on for it being turned off, and then i can hit the button to turn it on the light goes out
Old 05-17-2016, 09:17 PM   #19
03Shadow Grey

I did a search on here that stated that it could be removed with a tune but no one said it could be turned back on with the switch so that's why I asked. Maybe the people that tuned your's went more in depth.

Thanks Logan for the link, ill check that out !
and thanks all for the replies.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:06 AM   #20
NastyNate

Im not sure how well known it is, But a tuner can adjust the parameters of the TCS and allow for a certain amount of wheel spin and the length of which it intervenes. I can get a lil sideways with TCS ON in my car. Honestly it works FLAWLESSLY now! And I havent used TCS in over 5 years but since the tuner did such a great job I dont even bother shutting it off and dare I say actually ENJOY it in the rain.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #21
hotrodnut
Mach 1 Hot Rod Nut

I have the original DiabloSport Predator from the 1st batch made for the Mach1 by Granatelli.

I have all the latest updates for it and it is disabled without being able to turn it back on. Not that I ever wanted it back on, no need, I really enjoy driving looking out the side windows to see where I'm going!

2003 TR

Pro-5.0 Shifter, Hurst Stick -- K&N Air Filter -- Predator canned tune -- BBK Long Tubes and Catted H-pipe -- SLP "Loudmouth" Catback w/ MRT Blackchrome Tips -- Illumina Struts / Shocks w/ MRT Rear Race Springs -- UPR Tubular Coilover K-member Kit -- Steeda Strut Brace, 4-bolt CC Plates, Alum Weightjacker LCAs, Adj UCAs -- MM Panhard Bar -- FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft & 3.73 Gear -- Racing Sparco Lightweight Wheels -- Hurst Roll Control
hotrodnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:12 PM   #22
03Shadow Grey

Thanks again Logan for the link ! I installed it this evening and it works perfectly . The only thing I did different was extent the wires so I could install it down low to get at it easy if need be. It installs behind the gauge cluster otherwise.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:14 AM   #23
Vndcatr
SVT

when i get home i can check it out in my PRP .. but im pretty sure you can set it to OFF default but can turn it on when needed via the switch...

I always just turn it off via tune and Leave it off.. It doesnt even do much if you spin the tires in the rain, more of an embarrassment when you forget lol..
01 cobra Heads - tastefully modded
Roys ported/polished Intake
Kooks longtubes, Magnaflow catback
D&D T3650, Mgw shifted
FTB Goodies, 4.30s, FRPP diff cover, 31 splined IRS
04 cobra interior , black termy seats, Speedhut gauges
Tubular K, MM coilovers/ Koni SA yellows
Starkweather tuned, 24* timing on 91 octane
11.7 @ 117mph 1.62 60ft. Raceweight 3200lbs

Next up:Sullivan intake and hat, self tuning..
Vndcatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:24 AM   #24
logan03co

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Shadow Grey View Post
Thanks again Logan for the link ! I installed it this evening and it works perfectly.
Excellent - Glad to hear it!

A couple upgrades completed & many more waiting!
logan03co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #25
03Shadow Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vndcatr View Post
when i get home i can check it out in my PRP .. but im pretty sure you can set it to OFF default but can turn it on when needed via the switch...

I always just turn it off via tune and Leave it off.. It doesnt even do much if you spin the tires in the rain, more of an embarrassment when you forget lol..
You can do that. It sets it according to the last position it was in before the ignition turns off. so I can set the default either always on or always off.