2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel)

Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
GhostRiderblk
Mammoth mach

Help what to do about fuel

Fore is not selling parts i want to go return for kb mammoth but can get my hand on a in tank system anyone know a set up that would work on stock fuel tank
GhostRiderblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Yellow Jacket

Re: Help what to do about fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRiderblk View Post
Fore is not selling parts i want to go return for kb mammoth but can get my hand on a in tank system anyone know a set up that would work on stock fuel tank
Recommend you search on walbro in the fuels area and read the sticky, especially my two posts at the end.

I ended up replacing both my FPRM and fuel pump using an "airtex" unit I bought as a factory replacement from autozone...it was a walbro pump...but again, read the fuel sticky....we have a returnless style system and if you buy the wrong pump you'll burn it up.

My car is running better than it ever has, which leads me to believe my factory fuel pump was junk from the very beginning since I bought the car new.
Yellow Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
GhostRiderblk
Mammoth mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Recommend you search on walbro in the fuels area and read the sticky, especially my two posts at the end.

I ended up replacing both my FPRM and fuel pump using an "airtex" unit I bought as a factory replacement from autozone...it was a walbro pump...but again, read the fuel sticky....we have a returnless style system and if you buy the wrong pump you'll burn it up.

My car is running better than it ever has, which leads me to believe my factory fuel pump was junk from the very beginning since I bought the car new.
problem is that im going to make 750 on low boost and 850 on c16. i dont think those pumps will be enough and i dont really like return less its harder to tune and boils fuel
Old 06-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Yellow Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRiderblk View Post
problem is that im going to make 750 on low boost and 850 on c16. i dont think those pumps will be enough and i dont really like return less its harder to tune and boils fuel
Wow, then you for sure want more capability than stock. There is a lot of good info in fuels area on dual pump return style systems, fuel rails, pressure guages, injectors, etc. Good luck.
Yellow Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
GhostRiderblk
Mammoth mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Wow, then you for sure want more capability than stock. There is a lot of good info in fuels area on dual pump return style systems, fuel rails, pressure guages, injectors, etc. Good luck.
yes i know this i haven't found a return system besides fore that is drop in tank. a1000 is sump and most others are as well. which means getting stock tank sump and tapped for fittings in and out. aeromotive made a stealth pump which 2 is good for 700 rwhp. idk what three pumps would do or 2 on bap. i might be the first to do it with such high hp numbers with my kb 2.8lc
Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
littlemags
finally paid for

why not go external pumps...
www.glennsperformance.com
problem solved.
826rwhp/720 trq -100 shot NX
9.13@154 on 100 shot
NEW- in progress...
littlemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
GhostRiderblk
Mammoth mach

thought about and and have sen the site before not a bad price. still haveing a problem finding fuel rails for my mammoth.