2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Sign of the times!

Just an update ...since it could happen to you!
I talked to the Doctor yesterday about going back to work after my Heart attack. He said ok but i still have to have a couple of months in re-hab 3 times a week. I agree and leave his office to go back home pretty happy considering all that happened. So today i went out got the mail. I see a letter from the company that I work for as a contractor. They did not renew my contract . .some BS about not enough work.See the person in human reasources asked me last month when i was coming back. I said April 1!
I know its aganist the law to not let someone come back to work for a medical reason..but not for lack of work ..as they claim . Well,at least i have everything paid for! (Except the Hospital bill of course ! )
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112

Last edited by rich1; 04-01-2009 at 06:58 PM.
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

Re: Sign of the times!

Sorry to hear that.

Project work has just about slowed to a drizzle with the puckered up economy.

Last September at my last gig we had a whole binder of projects lined up for this year. They had brought in a new CEO whose salary made people ill. He subsequently put all work on hold and in November half the PMO was let go.
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Evil87GN

Re: Sign of the times!

That sucks dude. I'm heading towards my layoff date (April 16th), and really dreading it because the economy/job market are in the crapper. I've submitted a ton of applications/resumes, but haven't had a single nibble. I'm seriously worried about losing the Mach....unemployment won't cover car payment and rent, at least not in FL.
Evil87GN is offline   Reply With Quote