2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 02-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #1
Hpstang

Need your opinion..

I am wanting to lower the front of my car 3/4" to 1". What spring would be the best way to achieve this? Also will I need caster camber plates? If so which one do you recommend? Number 3 will I have to change out struts to lower it this much? Any info or pointers would be great. I do not want to lower the back I want to keep it stock but lower the front so it sits lower than the back
2004 Mach 1 torch red, 5 speed, Borla stingers, off road Mac ss pro chamber, k&n drop in,sct x4 with custom dyno tune 308 rwhp 324 rwtq upr delete puck, MM flsfc, wild rides upper and lower torque box reinforcement kit. MGW shifter with standard handle, speed of sound pillar with dual aeroforce gauges,Bullitts black polished lip 17x8 front 17x10.50 nitto 555r's 315/35/17, smoked tail lights,smoked 3rd brake light. Engine dress up parts. It's only just the beginning procharger coming soon
Hpstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
Murder mach

Re: Need your opinion..

I'd say no,you don't need to change the struts to lower it that little bit. But rule of thumb is any time you lower one you need to make sure the shocks are up to the task.if you only want to lower it 3/4 in the front you could trim just a little off the front spring or remove the isolators. But don't cut much at all.

Some of the ford racing springs offer small drops but that's estimated for a GT. Machs are already 1/2 lower and are on what most consider ford racing 'c' springs. So if you want a Mach 1" lower than stock,you'll want a 1.5 drop spring wich there's a lot of variables and choices

Vogtland offers springs in pairs, or for your case I'd pull the front isolators out it will give it just a bit of drop and you won't notice them gone as far as ride
Murder mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
lcaptmorg

1/4 or 1/2 half coil off the front. Remove isolators. Im not a big fan of cutting springs but for your application it will will be a good option. For that you won't need cc plates or struts.

All things being equal though the ride quality will not be as good a solid pair of aftermarket springs and shocks. some weight jacker lca and you can adjust the ride height any way you would like.
lcaptmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #4
Murder mach

^ what he said..

I agree.
Murder mach is offline   Reply With Quote