2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:25 AM   #1
Hpstang

Proud moment today.

Well I had a proud moment in the Mach 1 today. I finally got a good run in with a coyote. It was a 2013 tuned with 6 speed, intake and roush axle back exhaust. We went from a dead stop and I put a car and a 1/2 on him when I shut down at 90 mph. Went from a 40 roll and he edged me out by a fender at a 100 where we let out. To be honest I thought I was going to get slaughtered. Everything I here about how the Mach is out dated, not fast by today standards, it's not cobra bla bla I was pretty happy to say the least. Guy was super cool and we sat around afterwards and talked for a while. He told me that he never see's Mach 1s and they are faster than he thought. I told him that was one of the reasons I liked it so much is because you never see them and they are always considered the under dog. Got a good look at his car inside and out and I must say I would really like to have one. He took me for a ride in it and it feels really strong. Took him for a ride in mine and he is in love with the shaker. Told me a couple of times that my exhaust is the best he has heard. Anyway sorry for the long read but just thought I would share. Had some good runs, finally got to ride in a coyote and made a buddy out of the deal.
2004 Mach 1 torch red, 5 speed, Borla stingers, off road Mac ss pro chamber, k&n drop in,sct x4 with custom dyno tune 308 rwhp 324 rwtq upr delete puck, MM flsfc, wild rides upper and lower torque box reinforcement kit. MGW shifter with standard handle, speed of sound pillar with dual aeroforce gauges,Bullitts black polished lip 17x8 front 17x10.50 nitto 555r's 315/35/17, smoked tail lights,smoked 3rd brake light. Engine dress up parts. It's only just the beginning procharger coming soon
Hpstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #2
japan4racing
not builted

Re: Proud moment today.

Nice! I was just in Kingsland a few weeks ago in my Torch Red Mach 1. I know a few guys in the Navy down there.
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 - C&L cai, Kooks longtubes, Kooks o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Roy's 1/2" spacer, FRPP aluminum d/s, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP billet F/W, Ram HDX, MGW orange handle, H&R Super Sports
japan4racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:04 PM   #3
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I would draw two conclusions from that. Either the new Mustang totally isn't worth buying, or a better driver is needed. I'd have to say the latter.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
b3warnick

ibtl
b3warnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3warnick View Post
ibtl

Why? Sounds like fantasy to me.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Old 09-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
Hpstang

Believe what you want. It is what it is. I have no videos or proof
2004 Mach 1 torch red, 5 speed, Borla stingers, off road Mac ss pro chamber, k&n drop in,sct x4 with custom dyno tune 308 rwhp 324 rwtq upr delete puck, MM flsfc, wild rides upper and lower torque box reinforcement kit. MGW shifter with standard handle, speed of sound pillar with dual aeroforce gauges,Bullitts black polished lip 17x8 front 17x10.50 nitto 555r's 315/35/17, smoked tail lights,smoked 3rd brake light. Engine dress up parts. It's only just the beginning procharger coming soon

Last edited by Hpstang; 09-03-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:00 PM   #7
Procharged2k3

Sounds like a good time! So what's done to your Mach?
Procharged2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #8
Hpstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procharged2k3 View Post
Sounds like a good time! So what's done to your Mach?
Have all my mods in my signature. Nothing much really just a few bolt ons
and tune
Old 09-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #9
Procharged2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpstang View Post
Have all my mods in my signature. Nothing much really just a few bolt ons
and tune
Oh, signature isn't showing for me for some reason. Well that's impressive!
Procharged2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:34 AM   #10
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpstang View Post
Believe what you want. It is what it is. I have no videos or proof
Oh, I totally believe you. It's just a sad representation for the new Mustang. I bet he was granny shiftin' instead of double clutchin' like you should.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #11
Hpstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Oh, I totally believe you. It's just a sad representation for the new Mustang. I bet he was granny shiftin' instead of double clutchin' like you should.
I would agree with that from are dig race but not from a roll. Roll racing imho takes driver input out for the most part. I let him honk it off both times. In his defense I am always on drag radials and he was on street tires. I pulled a car and a half from the beginning and kept it there until 90 when I shut down. He told me he spun through most of first but hooked in second. From a roll we hit at pretty much the same time and were side by side until 90 ish where is started pulling away I was at his door when we both shut down at 100. Had we kept in it after a 100 he would have started putting cars on me im sure. Like I said he took me for a ride in it afterwards and the car felt really strong. I realize he has a better platform ( I want one myself) but I was proud that my 12 year old mach, with old Technology, no power and slow held its own.