2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
LXS

Fuel gauge reads empty on full tank

Did a quick search and only found issues concerning bad fuel pumps. Anyway, I replaced my fuel pump about 3 years ago, don’t have issues at all with the exception being a fuel gauge that reads empty! Once in a great while it’ll work and show me how much gas I’ve got, but it seems like right after I turn the car off then back on again, the gauge needle stays at empty! I called around a few chain stores (Ford included...but it’s discontinued now thru them) and apparently the float indicator (sender, or whatever it’s called), is not sold separately. Back when I replaced mine, I purchased the pump only and resumed the stock/original housing. So am I incorrect in thinking that it’s the “float?” Or do I have another issue? Kinda frustrating having to guess every time I need to fill up, I’ve already ran outta gas once! Definitely don’t want to have to have that happen again! Thanks for the help!

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote