2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 08-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
esp03mach

Brake Question??

I installed new front brakes a while ago, but now everytime I hit a bump, they rattle A LOT. It almost sounds like something is broke. I took my tire off, and when you hit the caliper the pad moves and makes noise. I cant remember if the fronts had those anti rattle clips, if they did, i did not put them on the new brakes, I figured they whould have came with new ones if I needed them. So does anyone know if the clips go on the front, if so where can you get them... Thanks!!
esp03mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Mr.Mach21

Re: Brake Question??

Yes, They do go on the front pads, otherwise it is pretty annoying. I'm not sure where you can more, I suspect a ford dealership or parts store.
Mr.Mach21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
esp03mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mach21 View Post
Yes, They do go on the front pads, otherwise it is pretty annoying. I'm not sure where you can more, I suspect a ford dealership or parts store.
Yeah well i went to the ford dealer and told them i needed anti rattle clips and he told me the price and showed me the picture and it was not the right part. What he had was kinda like a butterfly lookning clip, and i told him no thats not them, what i need clip on to the bottom of each pad, its like a little clip that cant be bigger than a 1/2 inch and i think it has rubber in it, but i cant remember. Then the part guy (at ford) was looking through his books for another 15 min and gave me a part number, but no picture so i ordered them and when i got them they were the same butterfly looking things... So i dont know what to do.. Any advice, part number, or pictures of the actual clip would be great!! Thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
Mr.Mach21

Here is a picture of the anti rattle clips. These are what you need and I actually have four extra ones that I could send you.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0147.jpg  
Mr.Mach21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
esp03mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mach21 View Post
Here is a picture of the anti rattle clips. These are what you need and I actually have four extra ones that I could send you.
yep, those are it... But i already ordered them. i finally found the picture right after i wrote that message to you and brought it to the auto part store and they ordered them through raybestos(part # H5613A). It was 14.00 for 4... Thanks anyway. thanks for the picture to.