2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 10-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #151
not a gt

Re: My P1SC kit, what do I need????

This will be a f*****g rant for all those who sell "kits" on the registry. People please, if you use the word "complete", please make sure you go thru it to ensure it is "complete" !!! Once again, every time I just touch something I find ANOTHER thing missing ( I have dropped over $180 to ATI to make my kit "complete", NOT including other vendors)). This time it is the 3" straight coupler that goes on bottom of intercooler. Since again I have to call Tyler, because of shipping might as well get the 2 brackets that are also missing in the "complete" kit What really sums it all up is the guy on here I bought the kit from, the very next day I have NEVER seen another post on here from him...I was that one born every minute. We don't mind buying something we may have to add to especially if it is priced accordingly, but after this AND including fuel pump, injectors (things I had budgeted for AFTER the "complete" kit) I am very close to a "complete " kit price Thank you, and if anyone agrees can I get a "Hell yeah" !! (and I CAN rant since EVERYTHING I have sold here was EXACTLY what I said it was).

2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #152
not a gt

I am confused?!?! In the pic above, is that a 3 row intercooler?? If it is the manual says I do not use the straight metal coupler on the bottom, I was looking at DSG Mach One pics and it doesn't look like a coupler on bottom, curves right off of bottom, am I on track?? Looking at the manual pic below, it says for 3 row do not use 4 and H, but H is the main hose coming off the top of intercooler, in my pic of intercooler do I have the top one correct, and for the bottom just connect hose with no metal connector?? Thanks guys.(My head hurts)

2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #153
blk03shkr

I didnt use the bracket extensions on the bottom of the IC, just bolted it straight in, although that made mine sit a little high so i didnt even use the L-bracket at top as it wouldnt fit so all i have on mine is the two bolts at bottom, seems fine so far.

As far as the metal coupler at bottom, if you have the 3 core you dont use the straight coupler just come straight off the IC with the 90 if my memory serves me right.
blk03shkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #154
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

You have the 3 core and it looks like you have it right. Just put the other 90 on that metal coupler then the short, angled metal pipe goes in that rubber 90

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #155
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk03shkr View Post
I didnt use the bracket extensions on the bottom of the IC, just bolted it straight in, although that made mine sit a little high so i didnt even use the L-bracket at top as it wouldnt fit so all i have on mine is the two bolts at bottom, seems fine so far.

As far as the metal coupler at bottom, if you have the 3 core you dont use the straight coupler just come straight off the IC with the 90 if my memory serves me right.
Just to make sure I got it, E goes directly on the bottom with no connector(thank god) and top is ready, as a;ways thanks (you too DSG)!!,also thanks for clip removal tips, came right off solo.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #156
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

yes, E goes directly to the intercooler inlet

so in your pic that small rubber coupler on the bottom right actually doesnt go there, the rubber elbow will connect directly to the intercooler inlet

Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #157
not a gt

Well. today I did my normal routine, came home from work, spent about 1/2 hour trying to mount IC, took pics and came back inside. I cannot see HOW this IC can possibly mount and will provide pics for my case.

First pic is what rubber coupler (passenger side top that has both ends trimmed) looks like after trying to get intercooler bottom tabs lined up to mount IC

I physically cannot get the IC where it needs to go because this coupler looks like this when I am close but no cigar:

The main reason I can't get it in and the root to my question, in the next two pics, it is hitting that metal ridge you see going down the side, have you guys had to get out your Dremels and cutting wheels and cut that piece?

Passenger side on the ground looking straight up

This last pic is just showing the coupler hooked up , it hits that metal ridge and is stopping me from being able to push the IC over to the left enough for the holes to match the mounting tabs, any ideas??

For this being a Mach 1 specific kit, it just plain sucks, I am so fed up. Thanks for inputs, AGAIN
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #158
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

I had forgotten about that crap.

you are talking about that piece thats bent around at a 90 degree on the edge? Pretty sure I used some pliers and bent it out of the way.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #159
not a gt

Yes, in this pic that piece on the right , the metal edge right there hitting the hose, you bent it out the way?? Makes sense because it is tearing up the hose and won't go in..are we on the same page DSG???

Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #160
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Yep, bend that *****

Old 10-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #161
littlemags
finally paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
Yep, bend that *****
or TRIM..i grinding mine right off
826rwhp/720 trq -100 shot NX
9.13@154 on 100 shot
NEW- in progress...
littlemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #162
Mach828
Dark Knight

Mods 100% specific for your application.....now that's funny

Sent with a shot of DROID go fast

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #163
not a gt

Well, I was sitting in the stand and couldn't get the freakin car out of my head, I climbed down and went straight to the barn, laid down my muzzle loader and took off the crash bumper and did this (sometimes I just get so pissed I just get out everything with a cord):

I read you guys responses so thank god I did the right thing.. will fit but now I see why you need the two slide mounts on the bottom for it to hang lower, b***h still wants to hit near top but will work, THANKS YOU GUYS, I would have given up on this if it wasn't for the help and hopefully this thread will help the next guy (I also have to check out usamustangs-I signed up just to read and see pics a guy has on a P1 install)

PS Didn't see s*** in the woods tonite!!
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #164
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
Mods 100% specific for your application.....now that's funny

Sent with a shot of DROID go fast
Made me smile...thanks!!!
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #165
littlemags
finally paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
Well, I was sitting in the stand and couldn't get the freakin car out of my head, I climbed down and went straight to the barn, laid down my muzzle loader and took off the crash bumper and did this (sometimes I just get so pissed I just get out everything with a cord):

I read you guys responses so thank god I did the right thing.. will fit but now I see why you need the two slide mounts on the bottom for it to hang lower, b***h still wants to hit near top but will work, THANKS YOU GUYS, I would have given up on this if it wasn't for the help and hopefully this thread will help the next guy (I also have to check out usamustangs-I signed up just to read and see pics a guy has on a P1 install)

PS Didn't see s*** in the woods tonite!!
that is why that kit is made with all those rubber elbows....lots of wiggle room. mine hit everywhere until I starting letting everything lose and tighten up from intercooler OUT.... I also had to change angle of the upper top mount. I have put one three "direct fit" kits and NOT one fit without mods. Those kits are made to be 95% close "enough"...because of so many variations and minor differences between car to car. (goes back to why they want you to trim all the rubber couplngs "to fit")
your used kit was cut to fit someone elses car...and now trying to make it fit exactly to your car is your trick now. I know my first p1 kit was used as well. I had my fair share of changes...
you will get there...hang in there
826rwhp/720 trq -100 shot NX
9.13@154 on 100 shot
NEW- in progress...
littlemags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #166
Mach828
Dark Knight

Quote:
Do you have the same pump I have?? No pics?? What do you mean to keep the pump down? Let me know how it goes, you have got me wanting to pull the tank now. Hopefully someone will read this or you may try and start a thread, like to hear what others say on this, some may not follow this thread.
This thread has some good pics.
http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...tem-test/page3

My setup looks pretty much like this. But I found that using a short amount of hose like he has in this pic, caused it to kink up when you install the fuel tank cover because it has to make a full 180 degrees. The corregated hose might be easier at handling the 180 degree bend. But I am running about 2.5ft of hose so i don't have any kinks.

Let me know if yours feels like the hose is hitting the top of the fuel hat. I guess I could run a 90 degree elbow off the pump that way there is no pressure on the hose. I may do that.

Use the same style clamps he has. The radiator style ones will back off and thats why people complain about the PPRV delete.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #167
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
This thread has some good pics.
http://www.chicagolandmustang.com/fo...tem-test/page3

My setup looks pretty much like this. But I found that using a short amount of hose like he has in this pic, caused it to kink up when you install the fuel tank cover because it has to make a full 180 degrees. The corregated hose might be easier at handling the 180 degree bend. But I am running about 2.5ft of hose so i don't have any kinks.

Let me know if yours feels like the hose is hitting the top of the fuel hat. I guess I could run a 90 degree elbow off the pump that way there is no pressure on the hose. I may do that.

Use the same style clamps he has. The radiator style ones will back off and thats why people complain about the PPRV delete.

Very nice post and some good tips. I have that same fuel pump and the hose looks like about the same size as the pic.I wonder with 2.5 ' of hose if it will make it that much harder to crank doing the delete? The elbow sounds like a good idea especially since you then wouldn't have to run as long a hose. Hopefully we will get some good responses, I know alot of people changed over and don't go this route as much anymore. Will update when I FINALLY get to that point, gotta finish up front first , (did you drill the holes in the canister??),thanks again 828, I bookmarked that thread.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #168
not a gt

FINALLY..got the IC installed, it may not be right, but I am learning, just get it on, I got really creative since I insisted on using the top L bracket. First, figured out would have to ALSO grind the right side Crash bar mount

I took the L bracket, spun it around a drilled a different hole at the top, it was still to far away and in the way they wanted you to use it, could not see how it would work. I had the 2 spacers for relocating the tranny cooler I didn't need, used a spacer and got the top bracket done:

Bottom mounts (I already see that by using the L bracket, didnt mount low and PS cooling lines will be a b***h)

Does this look correct or at least close?

As always thanks DSG and all that are really helping me with this install, the Registry IS the manual!!
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #169
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

looks like it should be close enough to me (the intercooler, I dunno a thing about your pump setup)

Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #170
not a gt

What do you mean by pump setup ??
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #171
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
What do you mean by pump setup ??
the pictures of the fuel setup like youre going to run anyway

Old 10-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #172
blk03shkr

Where did you bolt the top ic bracket to the hood latch? Got a pic if it? Maybe I can make mine work similar to yours.
blk03shkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #173
not a gt

Remember that bar that you took off that ran straight up and down in front of the radiator that supported hood latch? it is bolted in that top hole, but when I tried to use it where ATI had the hole drilled, it was too far away, so I turned it around and drilled a hole near the bend and bolted to the top hole right there in front of the hood release, see post #141 in :
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...t=25307&page=6
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #174
not a gt

Well, as usual another question.In reference to the pic below, diagram show MAF Assy with 1- 3.75" gasket and 1- 4.0 " gasket, yet when you look at the top it says on the 4.0 " gasket 2 are required????? I assembled exactly like the diagram, is that right?? Or are 3 gaskets used and where?

Also, when you put the MAF assembly on the piping, using the MAF connecter plug on top as a reference, what is the orientation ? ( a pic would be great of the MAF hooked to the pipe.. pin connector on top facing to the rear , front etc). Thanks AGAIN guys!!

Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 10-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #175
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

i dont see how it could be 3

if the gaskets you have go on there and the gasket isnt blocking any of the openings at all Id sayd put it together and roll