2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #901
jasionox666x

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Can you, as a cop, pull me over and tell me that my tint is too dark without even measuring it?

I had a cop pull me over and doing this and told me to take it off ASAP.
jasionox666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #902
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasionox666x View Post
Can you, as a cop, pull me over and tell me that my tint is too dark without even measuring it?

I had a cop pull me over and doing this and told me to take it off ASAP.
Yup.

In NC its 35%

Very easy to discern 5% 10% 15% even 20% from 35%

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #903
jasionox666x

Alright, just making sure.

I went ahead and did some research afterwards though and found out that my tint was legal because of the township I live in.

I took it off before doing the research, then I had it put back on and never had another issue, no idea why I got pulled over for it. Cost me 90 bucks
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #904
gdc03mach

ok back to being in the miltary. one of the leos on here sd something about he doest write tickets to military if they tell him before he writes the ticket so my question is how do i go about telling you im in the military? just come out an tell you that im in the army flash my military id or what??
gdc03mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #905
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdc03mach View Post
ok back to being in the miltary. one of the leos on here sd something about he doest write tickets to military if they tell him before he writes the ticket so my question is how do i go about telling you im in the military? just come out an tell you that im in the army flash my military id or what??
First of all, it is Officer dependent. Second, your ID with your License is a good start.

I am not a fan of citing an 18-20 yr olds having a good time during times of war. Though there are limits to how much of a "Good Time" they should have.

There have been plenty of "Thanks for your service, and be careful" with a hint of "Don't do that again" during my tenure.

Again, it's Officer dependent.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM   #906
gdc03mach

thanks my wife has a tag on the rear of her car that says army wife she said shes gotten out of several tickets im thinking its got a lot to do with the tag!! she did run into one leo that pulled her over for the tag sd he couldnt see the exp date!!! no ticket though so guess the tag stays. gotta get me one for the mach!!!
gdc03mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:14 AM   #907
Kidd Crash

what do u think of the charger intercepters?
Kidd Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #908
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Crash View Post
what do u think of the charger intercepters?
Good for chasing someone down. Bad for patrol. Can't see shite out of those little assed windows.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #909
grimyth

This may or may not have been asked already, but 40 pages is ALOT lol....

If a cop is lets say doing 80-85 in a 70 while riding in the fast lane (no lights or sirens) If I get behind him and cruise with him.... is that a no no? or would he probably not care.
grimyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #910
toad
the Night Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimyth View Post

If a cop is lets say doing 80-85 in a 70 while riding in the fast lane (no lights or sirens) If I get behind him and cruise with him.... is that a no no? or would he probably not care.

waiting for the smackdown
SY Mach1|FRPP 4:10 gears|Kenny Brown welded subframe connectors|BMR upper/lower Control Arms|PHP intake spacer|MAFIA MAF extender|Procharger P1SC-2|KOOKs Longtubes|KOOKs catted X|Borla STINGER cat-back|Pro 5.0 shifter/MGW handle/MRT Yellow ball|26 spl PMP/T3650|Performance Cobra clutch|Fidanza/Anderson aluminum flywheel|MM quadrant/adjuster
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #911
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:

Some calls require expedited response, but also require silent approach to avoid suspects fleeing. I would say, not a good idea. If canceled from a call, he may just want to speak with you.

Contrary to popular belief, and even the "that's not fair" minded people, Police are exempt from Motor Vehicle Law while in the performance of their duty.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #912
jasionox666x

Quote:

HA!
I did that before but only with a ton of people around doing the same thing.

But like the person above me said, they are exempt from those laws.

My brother is a cop.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #913
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach nism View Post
Yup.

In NC its 35%

Very easy to discern 5% 10% 15% even 20% from 35%

i will say some of them you can tell and maybe if you been looking at them for a while, but serious if i knew my tint was legal and a cop told me to take it off, i be like your crazy my tint is legal and i want your tool to show me other wise, that just doesn't seem right that he can tell me that it needs to come off if its legal.

but i can see if you know its not legal it needs to come off. on my other stang i had i think 10% on there for years and never got told it was to dark, i've never had to deal with that
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #914
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach nism View Post
First of all, it is Officer dependent. Second, your ID with your License is a good start.

I am not a fan of citing an 18-20 yr olds having a good time during times of war. Though there are limits to how much of a "Good Time" they should have.

There have been plenty of "Thanks for your service, and be careful" with a hint of "Don't do that again" during my tenure.

Again, it's Officer dependent.

i remember one time i was driving home, just got back from deployment and heading to a school. with being in the military i don't have to re-new my DL, so as the cop came up to my window, handing her my military I.D with my DL. when she came back she said sir just cuz your in the military doesn't mean you can do what you want. i was like i handed you my military I.D. cuz my DL is expired and i didn't wan a ticket for it. WTF. anyways one of my stories and also didn't get the ticket

Current

ASh
Old 03-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #915
Transton

All of my windows in my 03 mach 1 are tinted black, you literally can't in them (or out of them at night). I know every state varies as far as window tinting goes, but my question is: Since I'm military and have Michigan plates (which tinting is illegal in michigan) and i'm stationed in states all over the US then where would I fall into this category? Could I get stopped in different states because of my tint or would I slip into a different category because I have Michigan plates? I've always wondered that.
Transton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #916
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transton View Post
All of my windows in my 03 mach 1 are tinted black, you literally can't in them (or out of them at night). I know every state varies as far as window tinting goes, but my question is: Since I'm military and have Michigan plates (which tinting is illegal in michigan) and i'm stationed in states all over the US then where would I fall into this category? Could I get stopped in different states because of my tint or would I slip into a different category because I have Michigan plates? I've always wondered that.
i'm in the military also, i think "not for sure" but i think its where you tags are from is what you honor. i'm not for sure, but its like for me up in WA if i had TX tags i wouldn't have to get a smog test done for being up in WA, but for on base tags i would if the car is old enough for them to want one done, i think its all were your vech is registared at. i'm not for sure but i'm almost 90% sure on this, hope this helps

Current

ASh
Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #917
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transton View Post
Not 100% sure on this so take it for what its worth. You are only going to get pulled over for violating the laws of the jurisdiction you are in. A police officer in Tx is not going to be up to date on the various regulations in Mi. So in your case if tinted windows are not illegal where you are driving chances are you are not going to get pulled over for it as the officers in that jurisdiction are not used to citing people for tint.

The other side of that coin, tinting is illegal in Mi but I drive my La registered vehicle through Mi with tint. If I were pulled over for tint, because it is something Mi police are used to citing for, chances are I will get cited unless the officer is aware or can some how confirm on the spot that window tinting is legal where my car is registered. However if ticketed since my car is registered in La my vehicle only needs to conform to La law so I could go to court and have the ticket dismissed.

In your case tint is illegal where the vehicle is registered, so if you get ticketed for it in another state you have no defense for it.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #918
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparksMach1 View Post
I've heard of some rice rockets around the area running spray on their cars, but only to a purge system... Probably to fake out other drivers into being scared to run them. Now I know having a bottle hooked up on the street is probably illegal in Maryland, but how about if the bottle isn't being fed into the motor and only a purge system? I looked online but I think this question is too specific to be covered under anything I could find on the internet.
any Officers know the answer to my question? I think it got lost in the thread before anyone could read it. Thanks!

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #919
04VAMach1

Quote:
any Officers know the answer to my question? I think it got lost in the thread before anyone could read it. Thanks!
Read it for yourself...you may want to ask your local PD how they interpret this.

§ 22-404.5. Power booster systems prohibited; exceptions.

(a) "Power booster system" defined.- In this section, "power booster system" means any device installed in a motor vehicle which allows liquid nitrous oxide to combine with gasoline for the purpose of increasing engine power.

(b) Use prohibited.- Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, a person may not operate on a highway a motor vehicle equipped with a power booster system.

(c) Exceptions.- A person may operate on a highway a motor vehicle equipped with a power booster if:

(1) The vehicle is enroute to or from a track where the vehicle is used for racing and the power booster system is inoperative; or

(2) The container of nitrous oxide has been removed from the vehicle.

(d) Identification decal.- Every motor vehicle equipped with a power booster system shall be identified with a decal that:

(1) Is a diamond shaped design consisting of the words "Compressed Gas D.O.T. No. 1070" in silver scotchlite letters 1 inch high on a black background with a silver scotchlite border;

(2) Is issued by the Office of the Fire Marshal or from a nitrous oxide industry source; and

(3) Is attached to the left front and right rear bumper of the vehicle.

(e) Regulations authorized.- The Office of the Fire Marshal may adopt regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of this section.

(f) Fee for decal.- The Office of the Fire Marshal or nitrous oxide industry source that issues the vehicle identification decal may charge a fee for the issuance of a vehicle identification decal not to exceed the reasonable cost of preparation and distribution.
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #920
Transton

Thanks for the quick response. I've never had any problems with it, I was just curious in case a cop gets a wild hair up his arse and decides to cite me for it.
Transton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #921
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Since the nitrous oxide wouldn't be actually sprayed into the motor, I would assume that this doesn't apply, but I will check with the local PD (aka my neighbor) and see what he says. Thanks for the answer! Oh, and btw where did you find that literature? is there a website that you found it on or an internal PD system?

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #922
04VAMach1

Quote:
Since the nitrous oxide wouldn't be actually sprayed into the motor, I would assume that this doesn't apply, but I will check with the local PD (aka my neighbor) and see what he says. Thanks for the answer! Oh, and btw where did you find that literature? is there a website that you found it on or an internal PD system?
Try this site for MD laws:
http://michie.lexisnexis.com/marylan...=main-h.htm&cp

I'm not a LEO, but I'll share my .02 with you. The thing to remember is that officers have to interpret what is written in the law but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is correct or that a judge will agree. Many people think that NO2 is flammable so an officer who doesn't understand how NO2 works is very likely to issue a citation for it. You would then have to present your case to the judge and hope that you can explain it to him well enough to have the charge dismissed.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #923
jasionox666x

Say you are a cop in Delaware. Can you pull someone over with a Pennsylvania license plate for tint?
Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #924
04VAMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasionox666x View Post
Say you are a cop in Delaware. Can you pull someone over with a Pennsylvania license plate for tint?
This question was answered just a few posts above...

Yes. When you are traveling through a state, you are responsible for complying with all of the laws of that state, including tint. Most officers will give you a break if you are just driving through, but they don't have to.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #925
jasionox666x

Oh duh lol.
Thanks. I just read it