2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #801
RPM007
Mach1Member

Re: Ask A Police Officer

LOL so i just got pulled over for pulling a illegal left and actual just left me be. and told me if i wanted a ticked today? I said of course not and he just drove off, first time i've gotton a warning, werid thank god its friday!
RPM007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #802
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM007 View Post
LOL so i just got pulled over for pulling a illegal left and actual just left me be. and told me if i wanted a ticked today? I said of course not and he just drove off, first time i've gotton a warning, werid thank god its friday!

glad you had your seatbelt on!

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #803
jledesma
Book'em Danno!

To answer 04texasmach
I pulled over a speeding vehicle at night once, 90 in a 55 zone. It was 7:00 PM dark already, just a few cars on this long straight section of freeway, but she flew right past me like I was not there and weaves in and out of traffic. I eventually stop her and I get to the window and and I see the driver is in a full clown get-up and already begging for me to give her a break. I was going to cite her and told her that and she starts crying on me. She rambles about things I could not make out something about I am responsible for ruining her marriage and so on. This goes on for a minute or so. She goes on about she and her husband have not had sex in a while because he has erectile issues and are both stressed over it. She just got a call from him that he is at "full attention" and for her to come home. Now I'm thinking what a nutcase. As she's crying and begging, I almost start to laugh because her clown makeup is running from her tears and all I could picture was her walking into her house looking like she is and her poor husband who is all excited & revving to go, getting turned off when he sees his wifes face.
jledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #804
acreature
You are freaking out....

Det. Jarrod Shivers of Cheaspeake PD

RIP, Brother.

Another trip home for a Funeral.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #805
Lord Umoja
Established Lurker

Here is one for you guys.

You see a car driving down the highway going with the faster traffic(it sint the only one going this speed). The majority (3/4) of the traffic is going 65 in the 55, the faster traffic might be doing 70 at most. The car is driving normally moving into the slow lane when safe, not crusing in the left lane, and letting even faster traffic pass. Nothing illegal besides the speed.

Would you pull over one of the speeders? If so here is the big question, which would you be more likely to pull over, a bright yellow Mach 1 with obvious work done to it (diffrent stripe, cobra front, ect) or a somewhat dirty grey Focus, with an aftermarket exhaust and decal in the window? What if the Mach had a Vanity plate, or the Focus had one?

'04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 "Jennifer"
Bassanni Catted X-Pipe, Catback, Hood Blackout, 315/35 BFG DR2s, AFS 17x10.5 Replicas, Professional Custom DiabloSport Tune, Stewart Warner UltraShift light, and XM Hardwire.
12.93 @ 107.24

'93 Nissan 240SX Convertible "Rei-Sen"
Restored from Critically Damaged Frame, Lexus Pearl White Paint, Original Factory Tonneau
Lord Umoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:18 AM   #806
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurism View Post
Det. Jarrod Shivers of Cheaspeake PD

RIP, Brother.

Another trip home for a Funeral.
Hey An tell his family the brothers in blue from Florida are praying for him and his family........Godspeed Jarrod.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #807
68Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Umoja View Post
Here is one for you guys.

You see a car driving down the highway going with the faster traffic(it sint the only one going this speed). The majority (3/4) of the traffic is going 65 in the 55, the faster traffic might be doing 70 at most. The car is driving normally moving into the slow lane when safe, not crusing in the left lane, and letting even faster traffic pass. Nothing illegal besides the speed.

Would you pull over one of the speeders? If so here is the big question, which would you be more likely to pull over, a bright yellow Mach 1 with obvious work done to it (diffrent stripe, cobra front, ect) or a somewhat dirty grey Focus, with an aftermarket exhaust and decal in the window? What if the Mach had a Vanity plate, or the Focus had one?
I would pull over the Mach, just to check out the mods and find out who did the work.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:23 AM   #808
SAMACH1

Hey my sisters a police officer but she wasnt able to help me on this one, i was pulled over about a month ago for running a stop sign, but i know for sure that i stopped because i saw the police office pulled over to the side by the stop sign first and i made sure i didnt do anything wrong, is there anyway i will be able to fight this? or is it going to be my word vs. the University Cops word?

90 MUSTANG 5.0 atlantic blue
SAMACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #809
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMACH1 View Post
Hey my sisters a police officer but she wasnt able to help me on this one, i was pulled over about a month ago for running a stop sign, but i know for sure that i stopped because i saw the police office pulled over to the side by the stop sign first and i made sure i didnt do anything wrong, is there anyway i will be able to fight this? or is it going to be my word vs. the University Cops word?
Nothing you can do other than go to court and have a trial.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #810
CompOrange
PSR Mafia

Alright, here's another question for all of the Registry's LEO's. How many of you are running Off road pipes on your vehicles and do you catch any heat for it? The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to become an officer once I get out of college in a year and I'm trying to make sure I've got all of my bases covered...

2003 Mach 1 - Azure Blue
5 speed

Mostly stock...except for a few goodies
CompOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #811
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompOrange View Post
Alright, here's another question for all of the Registry's LEO's. How many of you are running Off road pipes on your vehicles and do you catch any heat for it? The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to become an officer once I get out of college in a year and I'm trying to make sure I've got all of my bases covered...
I am not running OR's, but I would say don't go around bragging about it. I don't think anyone that is not a car guy will know. Don't be revving it up in the lot and leave slow and nobody will even question you.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 02-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #812
Mustanger2

Serious question here..my 84 year old mother can't pass the drivers license test anymore & she is dangerous! Needs to be off the road for sure! How do I go about this? If I just take her car I can be charged with theft I think?

Since she has no license the DMV can't revoke anything...the police have to actually catch her driving to impound her car? She drives infrequently & that will be hard to do...What can I do legally?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:42 AM   #813
Pony_Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanger2 View Post
Serious question here..my 84 year old mother can't pass the drivers license test anymore & she is dangerous! Needs to be off the road for sure! How do I go about this? If I just take her car I can be charged with theft I think?

Since she has no license the DMV can't revoke anything...the police have to actually catch her driving to impound her car? She drives infrequently & that will be hard to do...What can I do legally?
I am not a police officer, but could you not get under the hood of the car and disable some wires so the car won't start??

Emily

Last edited by Pony_Tail; 02-16-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: missed some words
Pony_Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #814
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanger2 View Post

Call the Police when she drives. Seriously, thats about it IMO.

You could disable the car. That itself can be considered criminal, but you'd be hard pressed to have an LEO follow through w/ charges when the explanation is heard. Still a chance.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #815
Mustanger2

I disabled it once already so she had it towed & repaired! Tricky old bird...I truly fear for the publics safety...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #816
04Torchred
Pony Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jledesma View Post
To answer 04texasmach
I pulled over a speeding vehicle at night once, 90 in a 55 zone. It was 7:00 PM dark already, just a few cars on this long straight section of freeway, but she flew right past me like I was not there and weaves in and out of traffic. I eventually stop her and I get to the window and and I see the driver is in a full clown get-up and already begging for me to give her a break. I was going to cite her and told her that and she starts crying on me. She rambles about things I could not make out something about I am responsible for ruining her marriage and so on. This goes on for a minute or so. She goes on about she and her husband have not had sex in a while because he has erectile issues and are both stressed over it. She just got a call from him that he is at "full attention" and for her to come home. Now I'm thinking what a nutcase. As she's crying and begging, I almost start to laugh because her clown makeup is running from her tears and all I could picture was her walking into her house looking like she is and her poor husband who is all excited & revving to go, getting turned off when he sees his wifes face.
Did you site her? How could you not laugh? It would have been hard for me not to, but you did good holding your composure. I bet that was one of your weirdest stops.
SLP Loudmouth Cat Back
Superchips Custom Tuning (SCT)
CAI (PHP)
Steeda Underdrive Pullies
3300 rpm stall converter

Future Mods:
PHP Intake Spacer
04Torchred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #817
kozzman555

worst case scenario here, but if a police officer was trying to beat you down for no reason, would be able to defend yourself? or would you just have to take it and like it and then try and press charges later?
kozzman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #818
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
worst case scenario here, but if a police officer was trying to beat you down for no reason, would be able to defend yourself? or would you just have to take it and like it and then try and press charges later?
I am going to go ahead and say you better just take it for two reasons:

Around here any traffic stops at night or in bad areas usually turn into multiple units. The original officer hits the lights and makes the initial stop and before it is said and done there is atleast one other officer who sees the stop and pulls over too. So lets say your whipping starts, another officer sees the lights and pulls up, clueless to the fact that you are getting beat and trying to defend yourself....it could get really ugly.

Second for the same reason you will hardly ever beat a traffic ticket if it comes down to your word over the officers. Unless the cruiser is equiped with a dash cam that is on and catches him starting it, all he would have to do is say you attacked him and you are going to jail for assault on a LEO.

There was an incident here where an armed citizen killed a guy because he was on top of an officer beating him, the citizen told the guy to stop multiple times fired 3 or 4 shots into the guy and he was still going. Armed citizen finally put a 45 in the bad guys T zone and ended it.

Wayyyy too many bad things can come from fighting with a uniformed officer, even if you are right and he is wrong.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #819
kozzman555

i hope this never happens, but i ask because there are a couple of cops around here that are total jerks and i am a well known smartass that can really push certain people's buttons....without even meaning to. 98% of them are really good guys and are doing a great job but if i ever run into the couple of them, i guess i know what to do now. and thats take it like a champ
Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #820
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
i hope this never happens, but i ask because there are a couple of cops around here that are total jerks and i am a well known smartass that can really push certain people's buttons....without even meaning to. 98% of them are really good guys and are doing a great job but if i ever run into the couple of them, i guess i know what to do now. and thats take it like a champ
On the other hand you could simply say yes sir and no sir until the situation is over and call it a day.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #821
kozzman555

9 times out of 10 i give the police officer all the respect i would give to my mother. but i also dont respond well to douchebaggery. but like i said, i probably wont have to worry about it. most of the cops ive had encounters with were nothing less than entirely professional and courteous
Old 03-26-2008, 11:33 PM   #822
mach1ryan
TR Machnasty

Ok, ive been pulled over a few times and have been pretty fortunate almost every time. So everytime in the last 3-4 years when ive been pulled over i have kinda flashed my military id and have gotten off. I do feel somewhat bad using this as a free pass, but have i just been lucky or are cops somewhat more leniant(dont know how to spell that) on military? I know lots of them were ex-military, any thoughts?
mach1ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #823
kozzman555

almost spelled right, it's "lenient"

but anyway, ive got several friends in the army/marines/air force and they all have reported the same thing. i think cops see our armed forces members as kindred spirits.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #824
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1ryan View Post
Ok, ive been pulled over a few times and have been pretty fortunate almost every time. So everytime in the last 3-4 years when ive been pulled over i have kinda flashed my military id and have gotten off. I do feel somewhat bad using this as a free pass, but have i just been lucky or are cops somewhat more leniant(dont know how to spell that) on military? I know lots of them were ex-military, any thoughts?
I have 25 years as city police officer under my belt. I have been cited two times in that 25 years by the Florida Highway Patrol. The first time I was doing the ungodly speed of 67 in a 55 In my personal car. I asked the trooper "Don't you believe in professional courtesy?" and his stupid azz answer was "If I robbed a bank in your city would you give me a break?" The second I was in uniform on duty and struck a disabled vehicle with no lights in the middle of a dark turnpike with my marked patrol car. Trooper wrote me for careless driving even though I explained I had no way of seeing the car. My point being, it just depends on who pulls you over. Personally I have never written any active or retired military. That is if they informed me before I wrote the ticket. I never acted like an Azz with either of these troopers, it was just their mentality.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #825
TXBlackmach

Not sure if this has been posted... but is it ok to remove the license plate from the bumper if i have it suctioned to the windshield? thanks a lot...
Kooks LT headers
Kooks Offroad X
Magnaflow Magnapack catback
3/8" PHP Spacer
JLT RAI
X3 Tune

Soon to come:
Black FR500's 18x9 18x10
KDW2 275/35 295/35
TXBlackmach is offline   Reply With Quote