2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Power Adders

Power Adders Superchargers, Turbos, Nitrous, etc...

Old 01-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #476
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: My P1SC kit, what do I need????

I'm confused, so your real life girlfriend broke up with you after being together for 5 years?

Or is this a reference to your car somehow....

Painted intake piping looks good! Nice work.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #477
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
After 5 years and thousands of dollars, my GF broke up with me (you know, "I love you but don't want a relationship with you")
[/url]
****, sorry to hear that....

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #478
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
I'm confused, so your real life girlfriend broke up with you after being together for 5 years?

Or is this a reference to your car somehow....

Painted intake piping looks good! Nice work.
No real life ( 6 years in July). We didn't live together, I got off work this morning, drove to her house to take her to breakfast...said she did'nt want to be in a relationship with me anymore. Last year she had all her plumbing ripped out (46) and was never the same after that and not sure if on any hormone meds or what, but thanks guys...took it hard..worked on the car, sat in the stand, awaiting Autometer to send my gauge back, I am sure there will be some hard days but hell, I was born single, guess good Lord wants me to go out the away I came in

Thanks on the pipe, not much into shine, Navy wore off on me on the color choice.

Thanks blown!!
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #479
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

sorry to hear about the woman man, thats a long time to just be over like that

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:41 PM   #480
Mach828
Dark Knight

****. Sorry to hear. I've had quite a few long term relationships end badly and a boosted mach to bang gears in definitely helps take my mind off things! I think you'll find the same.

On the bright side at least it was just a relationship and not a marriage. Close call.

Sent with a shot of DROID go fast

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #481
not a gt

I just got back my A/F Autometer gauge!! I mailed it off 13th and got it back with the silver bezel. Now the cool part:
I left a note that I broke off the little push pins that attach pod to A pillar. I enclosed $2.00 and asked if they could throw a couple in the box. They sent a bunch AND the $2.00 was in the envelope!! What a great company !!

2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #482
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

good deal, get it back together and enjoy it hopefully

Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #483
not a gt

Oh, I see you figured it out..this is the LAST piece and now I have no excuse to drive it...other than some of you,(won't mention no names 828), have me terrified I will either break something or be in a ditch. Tomorrow I am going to go out and get my DR's size and start a thread some of you may enjoy concerning launching with what you got!!

It will mainly be listing components, then getting opinions with the gear I have (none of this" if you had.."stuff), on launch rpm, tire pressure, shift points, etc..especially now with P1 and as well a street version. I think with some of the guys here with DECADES of drag experience, I would like to start it like a consult type thread, a "Ask the expert" kinda of feel...what do you think?? Format it like the ProCharger thread where they have the form you fill out for HP/TQ made. Just an idea or I will just PM somebody..rather get Registry input as a whole.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #484
not a gt

I got gages installed and took car for a ride. AWESOME!! If you notice in pic, the bottom gauge is the fuel pressure..it is stuck on 30 and not moving (car is idling in pic).. I was driving and trying some WOT and fuel pressure stayed on 30. I came up and kept turning key off and on and I could hear it energize, but usually it would shoot to 60 or so then drop to 30. Is the gauge just locked up?, (I did try to disconnect at sensor on frame rail and gauge stayed on 30 as well) and I need to do something??(I ask this because this happened with boost gauge and once I disconnected plastic line , crunk car and hooked line back up, was working). Is this a possible BAP fuse issue ( usually when I was giving it gas I could see needle move). I wonder as well if maybe putting gauge pod back on A pillar wire worked loose on back of gauge ?? (was a b***h getting pod back on). Any ideas on why gauge is stuck on 30 ?? (I wonder BAP fuse since at idle 30 psi is what it is set at), and would it be the fuse under the hood or the one on the BAP??(if that at all). As usual..help!!! (It was a great ride though..everything was perfect...this just started with gauge, has always worked perfect). I forgot what spot the fuse is in under the hood as well (which I did change to a higher amperage).

Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #485
Mach828
Dark Knight

Don't you have an air fuel gauge? What did it read on the WOT pulls?

Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #486
not a gt

Didn't really do WOT, cruising at 70 stayed at 14.5 to 15. Whenever I first start the car fuel pressure gauge would whine kinda loud, shoot to 60 , then settle at 30. As I driving it was not moving AT ALL, and when I came home I was stabbing the throttle and nothing, cut car off..stuck on 30. Did a goggle and lot on it, filled out form with AutoMeter, but d**n..literally my FIRST RIDE. All I did was hooked up A/F and put back on A pillar and mess of wires there in the corner and wonder if something came loose...but if wire came loose on gauge wouldn't go to zero or lock up like that?? I don't want to take pod back off but wonder if I unhook, start car, and hook back up will that do anything
Didn't know how BAP figured in this??, if at all. It has worked perfect until today. Also trioed disconnecting at sender unit...will not move.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #487
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

like I said in the PM Id suspect somethings up with the gauge. If you wanna double check before pulling the pillar pod back off hook up the laptop and datalog fuel pressure, if its not 30psi all the time (pretty sure it wont be or youd have all kinds of other issues) then you know its the gauge.

a loose wire can cause all kinds of funky things to happen, especially with ground wires and such

Old 01-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #488
not a gt

Thanks sent another PM..think you are right..no matter what condition..needle just stuck on 30, will have to make sure when I was struggling to put pod on A pillar, pulled wire out enough AFTER car was started where that was the last thing it saw before losing power, that make sense what I am saying??(especially since pod was a bear to get on and all the wires coming up that little edge between glass...as usual, guess what shop installed and did not leave me enough wire to have some play??)
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #489
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

and unfortunately that is exactly why I usually just learn to do the **** myself

Old 01-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #490
PolarisMike

Hi, nice thread with lots of info! I have been looking at the HPX Maf as well. I see you had the piping customized to fit the slot style. What did you do with the piping down behind the bumper cover where the old style maf used to be? Just weld in another custom piece in place of the old maf housing?

I have not laid out all my piping yet to see if I should just get the HPX maf with the weld in bung or get the whole 8" housing that VMP offers with the maf already installed in it and work that into the piping.
PolarisMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #491
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisMike View Post
Hi, nice thread with lots of info! I have been looking at the HPX Maf as well. I see you had the piping customized to fit the slot style. What did you do with the piping down behind the bumper cover where the old style maf used to be? Just weld in another custom piece in place of the old maf housing?

I have not laid out all my piping yet to see if I should just get the HPX maf with the weld in bung or get the whole 8" housing that VMP offers with the maf already installed in it and work that into the piping.
The piping for the stock MAF and the MAF itself is still behind bumper cover in wheel well, I actually asked tuner same thing and he said to just leave it, so it is still there!! The tuner made that pipe fron scratch, he just cut out a chunk of the original piping. Good luck and lots of good guys here with alot of knowledge, could not have done it without them!!

Warm welcome to the Registry Mike.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #492
PolarisMike

Thanks for the welcome! I like the idea of the slot style and the wire harness adapter. I think what I will end up doing is getting some piping and bypassing the old maf location with custom piping then.

I have just started my install, but am taking my time and making some changes/upgrades where needed.
PolarisMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:14 AM   #493
Mach828
Dark Knight

I'm running the vmp harness adapter and hpx maf. Only issue I had was the stock harness has a rubber grommet inside that prevented the adapter harness from pressing in enough to get a maf reading. other than that the MAF is great.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #494
not a gt

Just as FYI, I found out on the Autometer gages they have 2 types - Full sweep and partial sweep . On the full sweep, when you turn key and energize, it does a self test where it will go to zero, then max (kinda), then to the measured value. The partial does a half a** version and is cheaper. I have wiring diagram so will try and troubleshoot until I only have Pod left..as well some say the teflon tape will sometimes break loose and plug sending unit. I will go out today and see what I can find.

...plus the HPX has an IAT...your tuner will like that!
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #495
not a gt

Fuel psi gage fixed ..The connector somehow unpugged from the back..and was easy to remove pod once you know you don't have to remove ENTIRE A pillar!!
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #496
blown03Mach1
8LB YNER

/\

TR 2003 (Jezebel) sold Mar 12...
blown03Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #497
not a gt

Thanks guys...drove 150 miles today...zero issues at 70 mph, 15:1 A/F, 32 psi fuel pressure with 15-20" vacuum. First gear launch above 3000 rpms just shreads tires and upshifts at 4500 breaks tires loose in 2nd ( I have not fully got into it since you guys have me thinking it will get loose and I am afraid will leave rear end on highway lol). I have seen 5 lbs boost, when you guys say upper rpms may break tires loose in like 3rd, what rpms??, since I shifted from 2nd to 3rd at about 4,000 and kept foot buried and it just kept pulling!! Wherever I drive people stare and pull next to me and roll window down..inside car not loud but others say it has a nice whine..will have to do a go-pro thing I guess. I received something I ordered in the mail today..figured I would display on the shaker when hood open. I do have to check my shifter handle, feels loose (Steeda Tri-Ax), in gear the whole shifter is kinda loose with slop, don't remember that, has always been so tight and crisp..do they wear out or is there something I can tighten??

I still plan to do the racing thread..will work on it tomorrow to pick the brains of the "pros" here on registry (think ProCharger thread where you fill in some blanks on what you have and get a reply on air psi, rpm launch etc.) If it doesn't fly I still want mine done. Oh, have I thanked ALL of you enough??, If not...THANK YOU REGISTRY!!

Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #498
Mach828
Dark Knight

Go put the pedal to the floor and let her rip!

Old 01-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #499
not a gt

You are a bad influence 828
I just noticed your sig: cams and "4.56's".. no WONDER I can't get mine to break loose compared to you lol!!
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #500
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

glad it was something simple!

Id take the shifter trim stuff and check everything, might just be the handle worked its was a little loose or something.