2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 AM   #1701
ylopony

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach69mach View Post
Amen!!

. Good to see the "owner formerly known as a felon" teams sucking wind.

If there were more people in this world who were former felons(or never convicted persons) do what he has done to other people and charity this world would be a better place. My family has personally been touched by this man when a nephew of mine as a child was fighting a potentially terminal illness. His charity and donations I believe helped him be here today. I can't think of a driver, owner, or team member in Nascar who can or has ever said one bad thing about him.

As for those teams sucking wind. Johnson seems to be turning it around real quick. And don't expect the #24 car to have another race like that. Blast him all you want, hate him all you want, but the fact is he is one of the greatest drivers to ever sit in the wheel of a race car.

And yes it is always nice to see Carl Edwards do a back flip. Good driver, good guy.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #1702
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylopony View Post
I And don't expect the #24 car to have another race like that.
Not unless they bless him with another car like the one he had yesterday. I wouldn't blame him if he'd put the thing into the wall on purpose. (I know he didn't, but I still would not have blamed him if he had). From what he was saying, and the way he was running (and yes, I know he's a better driver than what we saw in Texas) they must have installed the carburator upside down or had the tailpipes plugged. That thing was a DOG! I can't imagine how Hendricks could have had such a group of other good running cars (including the first loser, Johnson) and saddled Gordon with that brick?

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #1703
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Quote:
Well you guys got me on Gordon. Tough day.
# 24 will NEVER win at Texas......if he does they will dig up the track and start all over

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #1704
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Newman takes the pole (but not like Jimmie and Jeff take a pole), we have a driver racing on drugs, and Kyle Petty fails to qualify. Just another week in NASCAR, I guess...

Edwards for another win, with Mark in second, Biffle third!

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #1705
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Newman takes the pole (but not like Jimmie and Jeff take a pole), we have a driver racing on drugs, and Kyle Petty fails to qualify. Just another week in NASCAR, I guess...

If they keep pushing the drug testing the drivers may proceed with Union plans and then RACING is done for the day the ratify a union.

I confussed by Tony Stewart being for the drug testing.

He looks like somebody who has the munchies way too often.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #1706
G
Undocumented Member

Big Ears wins the Nationwide race and calls his car the Interstate Battery Chevrolet.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #1707
2k4mach
LuLz

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Big Ears wins the Nationwide race and calls his car the Interstate Battery Chevrolet.
LMFAO@big ears
04 DSG Mach 1 (stolen)
03 OW Mach 1 (sitting in a field rotting away)
2k4mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #1708
G
Undocumented Member

This is not exactly breaking news but I just noticed it. I have a friend who is also an NASCAR inspector who knew her.

Female NASCAR Official dies in auto accident, she worked in the engine department and was a good wrench according to my friend. She started with DEI and was kind of attractive. RIP

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...ent/index.html
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-12-2008, 05:41 AM   #1709
dcpatters

Quote:
Seriously?!? What a moran!!!

Nevertheless, NASCAR is never going to be what it once was. France Jr. ruined the sport in my opinion.
dcpatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #1710
Rustangin
Born to Run Built to Fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
Nevertheless, NASCAR is never going to be what it once was. France Jr. ruined the sport in my opinion.
I agree....what was once a blue collar sport had now become this high dollar crap shoot full of big name celebrities....I don't like where Nascar is going either but atleast my boy Carl is kicking some tail this year. I feel another backflip coming on in Phoenix tonight!
Rustangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #1711
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:

Who got popped for drugs?

Quote:
I confussed by Tony Stewart being for the drug testing.

He looks like somebody who has the munchies way too often.
That dude is firing it up! Would explain his mood swings. Jeff could be the poster boy for Nascars be clean scene. Jimmy looks like a snorter. Jr. probably burning 'em to. Kyle is an old school acid hitter and is probably burning one when he does his charity rides.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #1712
dcpatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustangin View Post
I don't like where Nascar is going either but atleast my boy Carl is kicking some tail this year. I feel another backflip coming on in Phoenix tonight!
Carl is carrying the Roush and Ford banner this year!!

I guess the one and two man teams no longer have a chance in today's NASCAR. Take a look at Yates, can't even find sponsorship for the 38. Petty too!!! And don't get me started on the Car or Tomorrow, COT, or Car of Today. Whoever coined that phrase should be castrated.

Anyway, hopefully the 99 can bring another victory for Ford.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #1713
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Blurr View Post
Who got popped for drugs?
A Nationwide/Truck series driver named Aaron Fike. He was busted for doing coke in a parkign lot, and then admited to doing heroin the day of a race! This has shaken up a lot of racers...and a lot of fans as well...

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #1714
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
A Nationwide/Truck series driver named Aaron Fike. He was busted for doing coke in a parkign lot, and then admited to doing heroin the day of a race! This has shaken up a lot of racers...and a lot of fans as well...

Just caught a bit of this in the Pre-race show. Seems ever couple of years somebodies gotta go to rehab.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #1715
dcpatters

Quote:

Jeeez, another Shane Hmiel. I wonder how big of a problem it is? I guess that's the one facet NASCAR cannot control.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #1716
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
Jeeez, another Shane Hmiel. I wonder how big of a problem it is? I guess that's the one facet NASCAR cannot control.
Yeah, they can. If pro golfers are getting piss tested, you can bet sooner or later Nascar will be doing the same thing. Who wants to be next to someone whacked on a heroin high.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #1717
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Yeah, they can. If pro golfers are getting piss tested, you can bet sooner or later Nascar will be doing the same thing. Who wants to be next to someone whacked on a heroin high.
Wheres your spirit of adventure?
Old 04-13-2008, 12:22 AM   #1718
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Jimmie goes slower and wins.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 AM   #1719
G
Undocumented Member

I would have loved to see MM win but at least it was exciting at the end. Great night for Bobby Labonte finishing so well with a sick motor. Carl and Biff did ok too.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #1720
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Blurr View Post
Jimmie goes slower and wins.

It's called great driver, great crew chief, and one heck of a gamble. Way to go team Hendricks. :HOPPY:

Here's one for you Gordon haters. What is even more impressive than Gordons 81 wins(sixth all time and only 3 away from being third on the list) is his involvement with the Make a Wish Foundation. I had no idea that he has granted over 200 requests from potentially terminally ill children since his involvement with the Foundation in 1995. Hate him you do, but that is impressive.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 AM   #1721
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
It's called great driver, great crew chief, and one heck of a gamble. Way to go team Hendricks. :HOPPY:

Here's one for you Gordon haters. What is even more impressive than Gordons 81 wins(sixth all time and only 3 away from being third on the list) is his involvement with the Make a Wish Foundation. I had no idea that he has granted over 200 requests from potentially terminally ill children since his involvement with the Foundation in 1995. Hate him you do, but that is impressive.
I'm just one man but I don't hate jeffy. He's not my type of race car driver but he is clearly talented. He has done many good works over the years and should be given his due.

It's the nature of NASCAR that the favorite to win is often thought of as the bad guy. DW was hated worse than jeffy until Dale Sr nearly killed him and Rusty spun him out blatently. Then it eased up some.

So I think the best thing for jeffy would be for somebody to put him in the wall hard a couple of times and spin him out on the last lap while leading a few times after that. It would really be for the best.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 04-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #1722
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
So I think the best thing for jeffy would be for somebody to put him in the wall hard a couple of times and spin him out on the last lap while leading a few times after that. It would really be for the best.

Those were the good ole days! Loved to see those last lap "oops" and someone goes for a ride.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #1723
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:

That's a great cause, and I applaude him for his involvement with it.
That said...it was really mean of him to give Matt Kenseth his car from last week. There's no way that clunker could have been anything else. Those are the two worst car I've ever seen on a track, ever!
I guess Jimmie has lost races he shoudl have won, now he's won a race he should have lost.
Good runs for the Biff and Edwards (except for that pit road gaff).
Can't wait to see 'Dega in two weeks...

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #1724
dcpatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Yeah, they can. If pro golfers are getting piss tested, you can bet sooner or later Nascar will be doing the same thing.
I wonder if NASCAR wants the publicity of drug testing the drivers? The truth is out there......

I take your point of who wants to get whacked by some doped driver behind the wheel. Only time will tell.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #1725
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:

It's not like those Michael Jackson Make A Wish requests was it?
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote