2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay

Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay If you find something Mach 1 Related on eBay - Post it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #14
Pennington

Re: '01 Bullitt Craigslist 3600 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 736 View Post
No no. I know you're not trying start a war. I agree it was behind the Cobra as I acknowledged. You guys got the 4v. The project team tried to get it for the Bullitt but it would have had SVT in an uproar. Management would not allow it. The Mach 1 was able to get the 4v because the SVT team was adding the s/c to the Cobra.

The Mach 1 project team was headed by the same man who lead the Bullitt project . Scott Hoag. Same team. Same enthusiasts. So where is the exclusivity?

I'm lost with the parts bin comment. Most of the Bullitt upgrades had never been seen on another Mustang, sans Cobra brake system.

Ill ask again though, other than more flash (which I like as well) versus subdued looks, 4v and shaker excluded, where are all of the other unique items to the Mach 1? Your comment regarding that is what I disagreed with.

Again, not starting a war. This is good discussion. Come to the Shootouts. I'll buy you a beer too.
Forgot to answer these aspects of your post...

Art Hyde used the words "parts bin" in reference to the development of the '01 Bullitt before I did, stating that Team Mustang wanted there to be performance differences between it and the GT. They reached into the bucket of parts being developed for the Ford Racing catalog to do so.

The Bullitt was first a styling concept, as you know, for the LA Auto Show. It got so much attention that Ford had no choice not to build it. The Mach 1, on the other hand, was brought to Ford by enthusiasts wanting a special edition like the Bullitt but a marriage of the 4V and solid rear axle for drag racing. I personally know one of the few guys who met with and pleaded with Ford to get it done. They agreed and thankfully Classic Design Concepts and the Huismans had perfected the Shaker for the 4.6 to be able to complete the package.
Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote