2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
TKat13
Mach-T

Mach Results on E85

I thought I would share my experience with changing to E85 on my Mach. The change is done to a lightly modded setup; 4:10 gears, K&N Filter only, Magnaflow weld-in mufflers, removed the back two cats, Spec Alum. Flywheel and RAM Clutch. That is it.

The Tune consisted of adding an SCT Chip and tune selector switch and having HPP do the tune.

My goal was modest, 300HP and 300TQ on E85. I knew going into this that my gains would be small if any since it is an N/A car but I wanted to run it anyway. (Future mods will be NO2)

To make sure I knew the exact impact of the different kinds of fuel, HPP tuned the car with 93 and then on the same day, emptied the tank and replaced with E85 and re-tuned. This way only one parameter changed, fuel.

I did not do a baseline today, I wish I had but I simply forgot. However, I did a dyno run when I purchased the car new in 2004.

All results are 'corrected'

2004 Results, KN and Magnaflows installed:
HP - 264
TQ - 280

2011 93 Tune by HPP
HP - 296.8
TQ - 314.8

2011 E85 Tune by HPP
HP - 310.1
TQ - 320.8

Goal Achieved! I am very happy with the results and now I have a platform to build on, programmer, etc. The curves looked very good as well, they are on paper as I did not get the electronic copies yet. The curves between the 93 tune and the E85 are very similar. Figured these were good numbers with the limited mods to this car, really nothing.

Next on the list will be to add a Boost A Pump to WOT, give me some wiggle room as I am maxing out the pump at WOT. The next thing to add would be a pump for the future NO2 install.

BTW, I forgot to mention, the day I did the original dyno pull was in March of 04 and I remember the weather being very similar to today. One of those moments you remember because it was the first time I had been to a Dyno.

This maybe old info to all here, but thought I'd share.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote