2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "Show" Discussions > Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons

Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons Found any cool accessories for your Mach 1? NON Performance add-ons.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
jjm525

GT Concepts tail light sequencers

Did a search and didn't find this source on our forum. I stumbled onto it on Ebay and got to talking to the guy who builds/sells them. His basic kit is $49 shipped and is a simple splice in and has the common "too fast" flash sequence so I inquired about slowing down the rate. He promptly returned my email and we've been chatting like that since.

Turns out he has a slower sequence kit too, $79 shipped which is still about half of what I'd pay elsewhere, even with a discount.

I purchased the kit and will review it when it arrives. He has near perfect feedback for these so I'm not too worried, and he is very personable too, seems like a good guy to deal with.

His email is:

bpace 07 @ gmail .com

Just delete the spaces. His name is Barry. If you are shopping sequential tail light kits, pop off an email. I haven't seen anything cheaper.

jjm525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
mach18604

Re: GT Concepts tail light sequencers

I got the American Muscle. Paid $120 for the plug in ones.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
jjm525

Those list at 149.99 right now, + the extra 50 for the slower flasher. Best combo for splice in and slower flasher was $135 with the holiday discount code.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
jjm525

This kit arrived today. Instructions were clear, the wiring was very simple and everything was provided. It really finishes off my 03 DSG Mach 1 with the honeycomb panel and black taillight covers that divide the 3 lenses. Thumbs up on this one!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
lVlach1

I also ordered these. How much install time did it take? Also are the connectors shown in the pictures provided?
lVlach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
mach18604

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm525 View Post
Those list at 149.99 right now, + the extra 50 for the slower flasher. Best combo for splice in and slower flasher was $135 with the holiday discount code.
The plug and play is worth the extra money to me..
Old 03-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
jjm525

Everything is included and the longest process is unscrewing the tail light nuts off the long studs. It might have taken a half hour working very slowly. I also ended up washing & detailing my panels behind the lights and some black funk from pine trees that settled in the surround/drain of the trunk lid, and washed the whole car, in total it all took me an hour.

Kinda a PITA was going under the dash to unclip the flasher. Definitely get the slow flasher BTW. I'd be disappointed without it. That was 5-10 minutes of struggling in an awkward spot.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
lVlach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm525 View Post
Everything is included and the longest process is unscrewing the tail light nuts off the long studs. It might have taken a half hour working very slowly. I also ended up washing & detailing my panels behind the lights and some black funk from pine trees that settled in the surround/drain of the trunk lid, and washed the whole car, in total it all took me an hour.

Kinda a PITA was going under the dash to unclip the flasher. Definitely get the slow flasher BTW. I'd be disappointed without it. That was 5-10 minutes of struggling in an awkward spot.
After getting my tail lights off I probably will clean them up a bit as well. But thanks for the heads up!
lVlach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
M_A_C_H

Just an fyi about the slow flashers, I'm not willing to spend the 50$ and I've always been a more diy guy, anyways here is a link for how to do it yourself and I can assure you it works. I went from 90 flashes a min to 66 which looks just right and only cost a dollar and odd cents. http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-...ight-rate.html
M_A_C_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
jjm525

Great tip. My skills with a soldering gun and tiny wires would have me buying the solution regardless but it is awesome for the guys who mess with those things regularly.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #11
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach18604 View Post
The plug and play is worth the extra money to me..
I will be getting the plug and play too. I don't want to cut any wires if I don't have to.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
mach18604

Great tip about the relay!

Of course I have already got one..

Yet it may be a good idea for someone to buy one from autozone or whatever.. mod it this way the stock one is still in tact. always better to have two.. and still under $50,

all the stuff was on sale, plus our discount and I got a free shirt for spending over $100