2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > 2003-04 Mach 1 - For Sale/Wanted

2003-04 Mach 1 - For Sale/Wanted Post ONLY 03-04 Mach 1s For sale or wanted. Please Put Year, Color & Location in title!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
Lowrider284

price opinion on 04

Looks like the time has come to get rid of my 04 mach this spring and was looking to get some opinions on asking prices. Its got 19,700 miles IUP 5 speed, shorty antenna and SLP loudmouth 1 pipes, and tints all around. I just recently put on 17" black bullits with sumitumos and deep dish out back with only 3k miles on them, no scratches or blemishes in the rims whatsoever. I have HID headlights and a K&N filter as well. It has been babied since day 1 and never raced or abused. Its only been hand washed and waxed by myself using only the best car care products and oil has been changed every 2k using mobil 1 synthetic. It has only been serviced by the dealer and I have all documentation to prove it, including every brochure and manual that was given with the car. I've even laminated the window sticker for show purposes. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
'06 Black HD Springer Classic
'03 Blue Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
'03 Black Explorer Sport
'94 Black GT Saleen Clone R.I.P.
Lowrider284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
vegadan

Re: price opinion on 04

every fall oil change would have saved you some $$$ oil lasts longer than 2k miles,but i see you ment well,i would say you could get 15500 from the right buyer
vegadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I'd start at $15K.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
99GTCONV

13k to sell it and 15k to sit on it, realistically in the current market that is flooded with high performance mustangs.
99GTCONV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
NaMach1

Just for reference I just bought my 04 CO with similar stuff (slps, IUP, 5 speed) with 20k miles for 15 grand from a dealership so Id say 15 grand will sell it pretty quick
NaMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
Rich08809

I have been keeping an eye on the market for some time because I am looking to buy a Mach in the spring. Fortunately for me, the market is soft and prices are dropping below $15k. Seems like for housing and auto sales it is a buyers market these days. I am looking for tasteful modified, preferable adult owned car. I may be interested in moving my timeline up for the right car and right deal. I am also from NJ... originally from your area. Let me know what you decide. If you can post or email pics that would be great.

Rich
Rich08809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
71nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich08809 View Post
I have been keeping an eye on the market for some time because I am looking to buy a Mach in the spring. Fortunately for me, the market is soft and prices are dropping below $15k. Seems like for housing and auto sales it is a buyers market these days. I am looking for tasteful modified, preferable adult owned car. I may be interested in moving my timeline up for the right car and right deal. I am also from NJ... originally from your area. Let me know what you decide. If you can post or email pics that would be great.

Rich
I have to respectfully disagree, it is not a buyers market. Especially with these guys that watch barrett-jackson and think their pile of junk is a gold mine. I have been searching for a mustang for a few months now and just haven't found the right one at the right price, then changed my mind to a mach 1, I do have one lead off of a person here, and I think it's very fairly priced.
You can say prices are soft, but I don't think they are at all. I mean, paying 15k for a mach with low mileage that is also 6 years old isn't too soft of a price at all. Cars are depreciating assets, normally they lose 75% of their value in the first 4 years, so the fact that these haven't done that does not reflect a soft price at all.

But then again, I'm a chevy guy at heart, but I have to give it to the 99-2004 mustangs for all out great design, and really give it to the mach1's they just ooze cool.
71nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
Rich08809

I don't think buying an 03-04 Mach 1 compares to the types of cars at the Barrett Jackson auction. However, if you watched the last one, you could score some really good deals. Even the commentators of the auction were commenting on how they economy has effected the collectors market. I have seen so many people listing their Machs with the plastic still on the seats for over $20k and not selling them. Last year you could get $17k or so. Now people who need to sell are dropping prices from $12k - $15k. Of course there are exceptions, but when unemployment is 10% and people can't afford to buy a roof over their heads, the car market will suffer as well. Just ask all the auto workers who took our billions in tax dollars to save their jobs. Sorry to sound like a economics professor. Point being, the production numbers on these cars is high, do a search on any website and their are hundreds of Mustangs for sale all over. With all due respect.
Rich08809 is offline   Reply With Quote