2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Exhaust System

Exhaust System Exhaust Q & A

Old 03-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
wdstone

magnaflow catted x and magnapack catback

it just isnt loud enough for me,, however i love how deep the sound is. is there anythingi can do to make it louder but still keep the deep sound i have now? by the way the exhaust is not welded its all bolted on.

i was thinking maybe dumps, cams etc... im not real for sure.
wdstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #2
4thHorseman
r u sure he's racing you?

Re: magnaflow catted x and magnapack catback

Put an OR X in there but keep the other for tests. Headers will also make the exhaust note louder.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
wdstone

or x will sound like marbles in a tin can, would shorty headers make much of a difference
Old 03-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
instantmassege
LS WHAT?

or get borlas and an off road H
instantmassege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
Orange Mach 04

So, its just not loud enough but the tone is good? Ive been contmplating gettin the magnaflow x to go with our packs. Its my dads car so it doesnt have to be really loud. Could you get some vids? And also, how much louder did it get after u put the x pipe on?
Orange Mach 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #6
wdstone

honestly the tone kicks ***.. deep and smooth sounding.. just wish it was a little bit louder at idle and putting through town.. however at wot,, look out
Old 03-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
FstMach04

Well, I just hope it's louder than my 2-chamber flows, because I just ordered the magnapack catback to hook up to my bassani catted X. The flows are just too quiet. I'm hoping this will wake it up a little bit. From the clips I've heard on the internet, the magnapacks are pretty loud... however that all depends on what a person's idea of loud is. Congrats on your new setup. To make it louder, an o/r pipe or a different catback are all that's going to make much of a difference. I've heard an o/r X with the regular 2.5 magnaflow catback (on the registry) and it sounds amazing, and still has a VERY deep sound to it.
FstMach04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #8
Orange Mach 04

The only bad thing about o/r midpipes is that I think you lose a lot of tone with them. Like two exhaust setups can be identical but one has a catted mid and the other o/r. The catted sounds much better in my opinion. And like he already stated it sounds like marbels in a tin can.
Orange Mach 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #9
FstMach04

Well, I must agree Orange Mach. I've never liked the o/r pipes due to the terrible tone. There is no set tone to an o/r pipe, actually. It is just... loud. But to have a defined tone to an exhaust, I prefer cats. I got my exhaust put on today, so now I have the bassani catted X with the magnapack catback, and in my opinion, it's definitely loud enough for me. It is much louder than my previous setup (catted X and 2-chamber flows). This setup has such a deep tone to it. Not very loud at idle, but that's a given. While accelerating, this setup gives the greatest tone I've ever heard on a mustang (and not just because it's mine lol). It's also quite loud on acceleration, or at least to me it is. I can definitely be noticed in town a lot easier now than with the flows. I recommend the magnapacks to ANYBODY. This truely is a great sounding catback!
FstMach04 is offline   Reply With Quote