2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 04-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
fvmach1

Idle shake or Miss

Hello,

I am having a shake or even a small miss at idle. Here is what i have looked at so far.

1 - pulled the plugs, and installed new TR6 gappend at 0.033, that seemdn to help a bit. The old plugs looked ok- no detonation or anything like that.

2- searched for any intake leaks, and everything looks ok.

3 - clenaed the MAF with electric part cleaner and set back in place at 1pm position (I have the stock intake)

Here are the symptomos:

At idle i can here a blop every 4-5 seconds coming from the exhaust and I can see the sharker move slightly, I can also feel it in the shifter. When I turn on the AC, the shakes happens less, sometimes it does not happen.

If I am at idle with AC ON or OFF (both cases) when i step on the gas lightly just enough to gradualy start increasing the RPMS and i get close to 2000 RPM, you can hear the blop from the exhaust and clearly see that the shaker moves as if there is a miss. It is not smooth as it used to be.

I do not feel any differenece when the car is being driven even at light load or full throtle it feels just fine.

Other thing i have noticed is that from inside the car I can hear some noise like engine parts moving, it seems to be coming from the drivers head (and i think it maybe the tick) but i am just not sure. The noise is not that loud, but it is enough to notice it when the radio is off. If the problem wa the so called "tick" would that cause a miss? Would a compression test tell me if the issue is the tick?

The other issue i think could be possible is a clouged fuel injector (see i installed a nitrous fuel line into the sharder valve using regular teflon as I could not get the teflon paste to seal) and it makes me scared that maybe a small peace of teflon went in or something like that)

What suggestions do you have? I was thinking on doing two things, get a new fuel filter and also get a compression test, to make sure the issue is not the valves.
fvmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote