machgsxr

Re: New Project "R" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
ya I was sad to see that. his car isnt far from me, very tempting
I've thought about it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuFFstang View Post
What a story behind that car, everything Steve went through to get it titled.
Birdman keep doing burnouts in the sky...

Where’s the for sale ad, link?
It's on Facebook marketplace. I tried looking it up on Craigslist but didn't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamilton View Post
I wasn't aware Steve had passed either. He was an amazing fellow. The workmanship and attention to detail in the car was unbelievable. He had worked at a Ford dealership and bought every single nut, bolt, and piece of equipment to built his dream car. It was truly a "blue-printed" vehicle. He told me it cost him (his discounted price) $40,000 in parts to build the car. It was truly a labor of love.

Steve was a very talented guy. I enjoyed talking to him in person and hearing his trials and tribulations of building the car and then the nightmare of trying to get is registered. The state DOT wanted to think of it as a "go-cart" and not a street-legal automobile. When he got his congressman involved, things moved quickly . . . finally. The DOT inspector was truly blown away and asked him several times, "You really built this car?" (LOL)

I also would like to see a link to the ad to sell the car, just to admire it one last time.
I was trying to share a link but wouldn't let me.
machgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote