View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
Dollarbill

New clutch can’t power shift!?

Had a new Valeo clutch kit installed with a new Fidanza iron flywheel, put 200 easy below 3000 rpm on it, frpp pilot bearing and Federal Mogul throw out bearing. Clutch feels as light or a little lighter than stock. New in last 300 miles Maximun motorsports clutch quadrant and clutch adjuster, oe ford cable. Driving normal car feels great, goes into reverse easier also. But when trying to power shift over 6000, the pedal stays on the floor until I let up on the gas. It doesn’t do it as bad if I don’t press the clutch pedal down as much but the pedal gets much lighter at higher rpms. I tried loosening the clutch cable until the pedal rattled without my foot on going down the road then tightened it a little more until it stopped. Clutch doesn’t slip as far as I can tell... the black marks most of the way through 2nd gear don’t lie... any advice would be great. Btw the clutch change was due to a noisy throw out bearing, and old clutch didn’t have this problem. Is this an adjustment issue or is my Mach over powering the clutch?
Dollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote