View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #76
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Re: What about the one time limited 6500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney View Post
Just got back from Carlilse. We had a great time meeting and enjoying our cars. While I was there it occurred to me of all the models mustangs that were there from 64 1/2 on.........The Mach 1 is a collectable car......it's value will vary with the economy.....the people that trade the car in a few years will lose on the car as most cars do.....if you plan on having it 15-20 years, I believe you will get your investment back.

Bottom line......enjoy it and take care of it....what price do you put on the enjoyment you get when that shaker kicks to the right
:HOPPY:
Too bad ^this isn't true. :| I don't think it has anything to do with our cars or the numbers produced. I think it's more the way modern cars are. There are just so many similarities between manufacturers. So many cars from our era had great brakes, nearly the same power/performance, etc. Maybe it will be a different story with 25 - 30 years? Or, maybe when there is much less in the way of gasoline powered cars manufactured? I'm not sure they'll ever be going for prices that some of the classic muscle cars go for on the auction block.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote