View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #30
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: A New Book is Coming Out About the Development of '01 Bullitt & '03/'04 Mach 1

Hi, everyone - here's some more information about this book. I apologize for not responding until today. For some reason I wasn't getting the post notifications, and I should have checked in sooner.

First of all, the collector's edition is a version that has a numbered certificate included that is signed by Scott Hoag and will have something that signifies it as a collectible which is exclusive only to those books. I am sworn to secrecy on it!

Regarding the contents of the book itself - yes, you might have heard a number of stories about the development of the Mach 1. The content also includes information that you would not necessarily have found in other Mustang books or magazine articles because they are coming from someone most directly involved from start-to-finish on the development work. There were a number of items I had not heard before when I did the original interviews with Scott, and I was generally someone who asked a lot of questions of him in the years leading up to that time!

I am happy to answer any other detailed questions you might have. Hopefully you had a chance to see a preview of the chapter contents here - http://www.bullittmach1editions.com/media.html

One last thing - this was done mainly to document Mustang history for these fabulous cars. I will never forget my Mach 1 ownership experience, and in some ways, this was a way to make it up to myself for selling it :-)

Thanks again for your interest, and please feel free to post here some more.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote