View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #139
swoop1156
Parked again...

Re: Official Computer Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
Okay, I see there is a little jumper on my old CD-ROM. It's on the CSEL spot, so I'll check on the DVD-ROM after church. Thanks!
Yeah, CSEL was only supported on some motherboards back in the day. I am still a fan of telling the drives to be either Master or Slave. If you have the IDE cable connected to both your Hard Drive and CD-Rom, it's going to have to be an extremely long cable to get the HD to be Master, up to the CDROM to be a slave and then back down to the motherboard.

For a device to be a master, it has to be plugged in on the end of the cable. Slave goes in on the middle and the naturally the mobo on the other end.

If you have two seperate IDE cables, set the HD and CDROM as master of their own IDE channel, boot up and enter CMOS/BIOS and make sure that they are set in there as such.

Mach #238576
Modifications | Borla Stinger's | Painted C&L Intake | 15% Tint | Powdercoated Valve Covers | '01 Cobra Tails | '04 Cobra Mirrors | '01 Cobra Bumper | '01 Bullitt Skirts | FR500 Steering Wheel | MGW Shifter | 3/8" Spacer | IAC Restrictor | 17x9/10.5 Mach's | 275/315 Vredestein's | MM Subframe Connectors | Tokico D-Spec's | MM 4-Bolt C/C Plates | H&R Super Sport's |
Build Number | #6935 of 7182
swoop1156 is offline   Reply With Quote