Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #47
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by machths
Your logic is fine, but part of the reason for the restrictor plates is to keep the cars out of the stands when they wreck.

Check this out...

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsr...a/12800309.htm

I knew the whole story behind it but remember, that was back in 1987 when aerodynamics were not very good and safety was no way like it is now days.. Now days the cars litteratly get sucked to the race track. They also have roof flaps, side windows and that little strip on the back window to keep them from flipping. Obviously it doesn't always work but if you flip a car over going 200 as compared to 225 or 230, I don't think the car is going to act much differently if it's going to fly in the air at them speeds. On the other hand, if they can figure something out like Newman said. Find a set-up where they would have to slow down in the corners. One way is that they could always put the roof rail back on and raise the rear spoiler like they do in the Busch series. I know alot of drivers liked that set-up. The restrictor plates gets them too bunched up and it makes it unsafe also. I think they should lose the plate and flatten the corners. Then they would naturally have to slow down for the corners and make for an exciting race just like back in the day. Just my $0.02

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote