Thread: AFS Wheels
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #4
Metalmover

Re: AFS Wheels

I am located about 45 minutes from them (AFS) if there wasn't any traffic. I might take a drive down there and see what is up...I've called with no answer; however, it looks like the building is still owned by the same company. I bet he has the drawings I want ...and I don't mind paying too (not being cheap by any means it costs tons to make this stuff from scratch but I will if I have to)

In some way I was thinking there might be a high quality blank of sorts...that I only had to 3d machine in center...wondering if that is what they did...possibly I can find a USA manufacturer and have them provide a forged wheel that has the room to turn into the Mach1 style.

I don't mind doing the entire thing from scractch...but the billet will cost $$$...but it would be a cool little side thing to do...(Im paying for the labor in the employees anyways...and generally I do the programming)

When I was younger, I would want to do everything (drawing) etc...these days Im not looking for credit as much as something that I want.
Metalmover is offline   Reply With Quote