Thread: In Dash Rattle
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 05:59 PM   #22
shake this

Re: In Dash Rattle

Here is the steps I use to remove the trim ring around the radio and shifter.

Remove the trim ring around the shifter first as it will make it easer to remove the one around the radio. Start by pulling strait up on the trim ring but try and keep equal pressure as you don't want to brake anything. You don't have to remove it from the shifter just turn it sideways so that you can pull the trim ring around the radio off.

For the radio trim ring I start my removing the a/c vents first. Tilt the vents up or down and just pull them out. You will hear a snap and the vents will come out. I start from the bottom of the trim and use a small screw driver covered with a thin rag to help pop the first corner out so I can get my fingers around it. Work both sides going up at the same time. Once you get to the top, you will have two small clips behind the a/c vents that need to be pushed down some with a small screw driver. Work one side and then the other. Once you have one side free, you will need to keep presure so it does not snap back in place while your working on the other side. The trim ring should now be free and ready to pull out. If you are removing it from the car don't forget to unplug your t/c, driving lights, and defrost.
PHP intake spacer
Aluminum Driveshaft
SLP line-lock
4.10 gears
Moser axles
welded axle tubes
ET Radials
Dyno 300whp 318wtq n/a

415whp 515wtq NX 125 shot
Someone needs to slap the stupid outa you
shake this is offline   Reply With Quote