View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #36
Tanklawyer
Long Live Mach

For the record, I do agree with Falcongtho3. I love the car, and I personally have no problem with the Mach appearing for another year, or every year as an option. After all, that's the way it was in the old days, I enjoy seeing other people's cars when we get together, and I've only seen another one on the road once. I'm just passing along the information. I do note, however, that in all likelihood some premium was built into the car based on production numbers. How much? Who knows. Would the premium have been there even if Ford had said it would appear as a model option each year? Perhaps. Do I think in my heart of hearts that there was some effort to be less than forthcoming about whether it was a one-year special model limited to 6500 (especially in light of prior editions like teh 35th Ann. and the Bullitt)? Yes. As a lawyer who spends ten hours a day working for fortune 100 companies, I can tell you right now that although Team Mustang certainly has its heart in the right place, and the guys on the line are doing a great job, there are folks in management and finance who specialize in creating hype. This is not a bad thing, but I do think we need to be honest with ourselves. Ford is a great company, and I love its products, but it is a major corporation in a highly competitive business market, and will sometimes do less than upright things to get the customer to put down some green.

Anyway, like I said before, I love my Mach and I am 110% thankful for Ford's willingness to produce such a beast. As most of you know, this car puts a smile on my face and always will, whether its 6500 or more.

Also, for what it's worth, perhaps we could all sign waivers and in return get some goodies. I'm thinking an official pronouncement that the alum. 4.6 DOHC engine has always been called the Cobra Jet internally, we all get scrips from Ford for our shakers, and a commitment to make a die-cast car in all factory colors! Stranger things have happened. :P

2003 Mach 1 (Torch Red 5-sp with IUP)
VIN #344918
Built 11/12/02
Delivered 12/3/02
Sold 3/13/06
Tanklawyer is offline   Reply With Quote