View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #69
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
I had been having hanging idle issues ever since I swapped to a smaller blower pulley. Did some reading and learned about adjusting the IAC duty cycle and dashpot settings. I just decreased the air flow requirements for IAC at drive and neutral until it datalogged ~45% DC, increased the decay rate in dashpot, and reduced the IAC multiplier based on ECT. Seems to have fixed my problem but I'll need to drive it more to be sure. Any other idle tricks? Seems like most people have problems with not getting enough air in to have a stable idle vs. having too much.
If you adjust your base timing in the idle rpm and load range down it will clean up the idle and help keep it from surging. If you data log you timing you will most likely see it running around 15* or so at idle and your scale is probably stock setting at around 35-40* max. You can lower that setting down to 10* it will increase torque and steady the timing out from jumping around and that is what will cause a lot of surging issues with FI cars.

Unless I have put larger cams in I don't even mess with the IAC settings. Stock setting are normally just fine. Even with my powerglide auto and big stall I don't need to mess with the IAC controls.

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote