View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
NewSpeedSteed

Best Suspention Kit

My car is going to be a dual purpose car- its going to undoubtedly see the drag strip and at the same time, its going to be on a road course or auto cross. I had originally planned on a purely drag oriented setup but my friends have gotten me hooked on twisties. I don't want to piece a kit together so I'm looking for actual kit- I don't really care about the price so I decided to go with a full out kit instead of piecing stuff together. So far I'm looking at Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box (says its for the Mustang GT) but almost everything should fit on a Mach 1 right? I know misc. stuff like the strut tower brace (under the hood) won't fit because of the shaker. I'm also looking at a Griggs setup. I'm a little confused by there page, they list an "open track/auto cross suspension" but theres two listings, and two different prices yet the kits seem exactly the same. One kit is about a grand cheaper than the other. Lastly there is the cheapest option, being the EIBACH PRO-STREET-S coil over system. Its like $2,000 compared to 5-7k with the other setups.

The car currently has full exhaust (BBK long tubes and matching X pipe and a SLP cat-back) I don't want clearance to be an issue, I'm planning on a T-56 swap in the future as well.

My question is which setup would be best for me? The car is not and will never be a daily driver and I'm looking for the kit with the least compromises in handling (I don't want it to handle poorly at the strip or on the corners). Any help or advice is appreciated!
NewSpeedSteed is offline   Reply With Quote