View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #60
305HP

Re: Important Information About Mobile 1 Synthetic Motor Oil For Mach 1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach'n u View Post
This may help some of you. The major difference between conventional motor oil and synthetic oil is the refining process that synthetic oil goes through. Conventional motor oil has different size molecules that make up the consistency of the oil. i.e. 5w30. Where as synthetic oil is refined so that all of the molecules are the same size. Basically filtering out all of the smaller and larger molecules.

If ford recommends 5w20 then that is what you should run. I have read some of you are using 0w20. You can do whatever you want w/ your Mach 1, but personally I definitively wouldn't recommend 0w20. I think water might be thicker than 0w20, and probably a better choice. You may be getting better gas mileage w/ 0w20, but i would rather have my car last longer than get one more mile to the gallon.

there are Cobra guys that have ran 0w-30 since 1999 and have no problems at all....I have NEVER heard of a 0w20 or 0w30 oil causing a problem.