View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #108
MCHNROL
original owner

Re: ***Cancelled*** 2nd Annual 03-04 Mach 1 Showdown Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmoujr View Post
Other tracks that might accomodate a Friday-Sunday event at that time of year might be KilKare in Xenia OH (my favorite "small" track in Ohio.
It is funny that you mention this Jim. Before the 2nd showdown was voted to be at Norwalk, I was dreaming it could be at Kilkare. LOL Don Garlits and other old school big names used to race there. My best times are from there because the track hooks like no other I've been to. KK didn't grow mainly because of its land locked arrangement. It does meet the other criteria for a cental location. I live 7 miles down the road from it, know a shop owner/tuner two miles away that may accomodate any breakage/parking/storage. I could accomodate a party, just not a bonfire. It would just be 3 hours almost due south, very close to I-70 & I-675. Nice accomodations nearby and Cedar Point's Kings Island is just 40 minutes south of here. These are all similar characteristics as up north. It is certainly personally possible on my end. It is another option that is workable and I could check on local arrangements if Phil can still cover the racing aspects. I'm willing to work on this end to make it a reality!? Something needs to be done fast if this is going to work out by Sept.-Oct.

http://www.kilkare.com/

I haven't run this year so there are no advantages for me. Frank (02mach1) needs his Hooters Passport stamped in Dayton.
Built 5/23 Bought 10/9/03 AFS:17x9&10.5rims, MRT:PRO-M MAF, Street Smart CAI, MagnaFlowH&catbackw/Mach tips, Hood struts, FRPP:REM 4.10 w/31-sp Mosers, Alum flywheel&driveshaft, PHP:spacer, Steeda:Tri-ax, UCA,strut towerbrace, HPM:Megabitejr.LCA,subframes, T/A:Girdle, Raptor:shiftlite, SLP:linelock, UPR:Quad&Adj NGK TR55IX CDC:floormats, honeycombtail&sequentials, gaugerings, Grippermat, ShakrAirDiverter, Bullittfueldoor, SilverStripes, BuildIDplates, Tint@35%, cats 298rwhp/318tq FUN!
MCHNROL is offline   Reply With Quote