Thread: D1SC issues
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #12
D1SC_Mach

Re: D1SC issues

UPDATE:

SOOOOOoooo, seems like I had a very small...or medium vacuum leak at the surge valve (new diaphragm installed and 95% of the hesitation is now gone).

ROFL no sooner did i go ahhh good stuff, my idler pulley fragged out bearings shot, thing is rubbing hardcore on the supercharger bracket, alum flakes EVERYWHERE! 80 or so bucks shipped from ATI, i suppose no biggie. im so happy it wasn't an issue with my head unit because the sound was really loud all around it, but the fact the pulley was grinding on the supercharger bracket would explain why the sound was omnipresent all around.

Even though no one was able to respond with info I hope to share this as a reference on things to check.

Here is some of my research info i gathered from all over the place and ATI techs in particular if you call there office in kentucky ask for Phillip VanBuskirk he was very knowledgeable and stayed after hours we are in diff time zones to go over my situation and give me the low down on my particular kit. He did say the pulleys are a issue, but should get more than 20k miles before they start to fail...i know some people who have put over 100k on them and they are good. Its all in the installation people have pros do it, or if you do it yourself there are some tight spots on the kit for the mach 1 or 01-04 stangs so pay particular attention to those, or call them and ask.

here is the info i got from them on just what you should be doing if you get a tuner kit:

procharger tech
phillipv@procharger.com

ati pn for idler pulley DC003A-61SM 67.00% 14.00% shipping will fit new edge mach1, GT, not the cobra.

Stuff to install for the min 8psi of boost from a 4" + main pulley
- 39lb injectors
- 340lpm pump In tank
- idle 45-55psi expected idle fuel pressure
- WOT i 1psi per 1 psi boost general expectations, may vary on cars with better air flow (exhaust, intake, TB etc)

NGK 1 step colder, or any other brand you like that is one step cooler than the stock ford plugs

Keep note this is for a TUNER kit...the regular kits they sell for the cars that come with a ECU update tool, area a bit more expensive but come with EVERYTHING you need up front.

Also the lady i spoke with was more than happy to send me out a model specific Procharger catalog for free to me...funny enuf they said they have procharger kits for harleys

Cheers! If anyone else wants to add to this feel free
D1SC_Mach is offline   Reply With Quote