Thread: Well I did it.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #26
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: Well I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
I won't speak for why they decided not to put a spare in the newer cars, but I will admit to having no intentions of ever changing a flat on the side of today's roads. My friend saw a young man struck and killed while doing this several years back. Pulled over to call for help and held him in his arms as he passed. Such a shame. There's just too much drinking and driving and texting going on now for it to be risked in my opinion. If and when I find myself in a flat tire situation I will be getting myself off the road and away from the car asap and getting it towed to discount or wherever.
I completely get it, but after having a severe flat on the Boss I don't even want to be in that situation again. I was able to pull into a parking lot when the TPMS light went on, immediately. It was already too late. I was fortunate enough to have one of my shop guys available to being me a floor jack and a four way and get it repaired back at my shop. Most people don't have that available to them. It was an ugly repair, but enough to get the car back home until the right tire could be located and ordered (!!!???!!!), taking only a week to get in (again, !!!????!!!!) so the car could be put properly on the road. Yeah, I'm getting a spare.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote