Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #1750
ylopony

Re: NASCAR thread

It should turn out to be an interesting race. That is until after all the go or go home qualifiers that qualified in the front take out much of the field.

I'm not real big on these impound races. I hate where all these hasbeen or wanna be meatballs set up the cars to qualify strong or go home, while the top teams set up their cars in race day setup and qualify lower down. They do this knowing that afterwards Nascar impounds the car and you race with that setup. As a result these lower teams cars blow up early because they are not set to run a long race or they take out a bunch of cars because they don't have the talent to race the car up there to begin with.

Either eliminate impounding races or better yet Nascar, get rid of the automatic top 35. All cars should be qualify or go home.

With that I'm not even going to predict who is going to win this race. Just like yesterdays Nationwide race in a matter of seconds 20 cars can be wiped out. But here's hoping a Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt 1-2-3 finish.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote