View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 09:09 AM   #7
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: But they won't build a Mach 1

In the US market, supply and demand have been balancing out for a few months now. When I got my '19 Bullitt, I paid MSRP which I was willing to do because I didn't want to wait. I suspected there would be price reductions within about 6-8 months after the start of production.

In the book I co-authored with Scott Hoag, formerly of Ford Motor Company and one of the engineers who worked on the '03/'04 Mach 1, there was some discussion about what if Ford were to produce a 6th generation version of the Mach 1. Scott talked about trying to meld the functional attributes that are important to the '03 and '04s with the current styling.

The only thing we've heard regarding "Mach", as you know, is the electric SUV, which is a far different brand proposition. I too would love to see an S550 Mustang Mach 1, although it would be interesting to see what would be done in the powertrain.

By the way, the '19 Bullitt is a fun car. It's my second S550 car, and they have definitely come a long way from the 4th generation Mustangs in terms of performance attributes. However, the SN-95s are definitely a blast to drive - very authentic and visceral in comparison. I really missed that shaker view, so I am really reminded of how much fun they were and still are.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote