View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #22
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Re: Shocks and Strut suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibs View Post
Yeah the wife started driving it daily this week. Also took a 40 minute drive the other day in it. Wow. Completely different car now. Exhaust sounds good with only a slight drone at certain RPMs. The handling is ridiculous. it stays planted through the corners and has almost no body roll. There is definitely a difference in the power. much better now and is where I would expect it to be at. Still a little lag from it being an automatic, but when it gets tuned that will get changed.

Highly recommend the HR Sport springs and Tookico HP series for a daily driver.

Gib
glad to hear,
is your black GT a auto or manual?
I remember adding to the mach H&R SS springs, MM CCplates, Steeda bumpsteer kit and X2 balljoints, what a change in the way it handle. would have been nice to have switched to a better shocked and strut at the same time. I kind of experience this with the Cobra after all the stuff went on, which the previous owner had Eibach Pro Kit and Monroe sensa trac shocks and struts already on the car.
Big suspension upgrade at a small cost for the part was the steeda adj rear sway bar, that thing was amazing how different it made the car feel and SFC's is another one that made a big diff on the Mach when I did Steeda and on the 02 Trans Am when I did BMR.

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote