View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 03:12 AM   #73
hamradioextra
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally posted by GhatyaMACH1
MyDream and I did this yesterday to our Machs and we both agree on the SOTP Dyno, that you can feel the difference big time. We both have the feeling our cars get up an go alot Sooner and faster. Hanging problem fixed. His had the 9/32 hole mine was a tad smaller. Cost was about .02 cents for electricity- we got the flashing for free.

Anyone else feel the SOTP difference?
SOTP Dyno is recording much better accelerator response.

I posted 3 responses on this thread, 2 on 06/05 and the last on 06/07. As I said on the last post, the difference is apparent at WOT highway speed but I am also feeling a difference at launch.

Of course, I also removed the MAF after getting a rich A/F after having after market mufflers installed. This seems to have cleared up this little problem.

The difference is incredible. I can now burn from a standing start. Not bad, considering I have an automatic. I even impressed my wife, the other night. I have had the car for about 9 months and it is faster now than ever. Of course, she reminded me that the cost of new tires will be deducted from any new mods I had in mind.

And, as you said, the cost was a whopping 2 Cents, give or take a penny or so. The steel was free and the mod took all of a half hour. Pretty good pay considering someone else spent between $40 and $50 for the same results. Lets see, if I am correct, that equals about $80 to $100 an hour. Not bad pay, if I do say so myself.

David <><

Current Rides:
04 Cobra Redfire
03 Sport Trac Oxf. White.

Most Recent Rides:
03 Mach 1 DSG Automatic
03 Mustang DSG V6 5 Spd.
98 Explorer Sport 5 Spd.
2000 Focus ZTS 5 Spd.
98 Contour 5 Spd.

The rest? Way too many to list during my 60+ years of fun loving, speed loving life.
hamradioextra is offline   Reply With Quote