View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #12
j21moss
3 time Mach 1 owner

Re: How to make your own Trunk lid mat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
Do you know how thick of a piece of wood he used? I only used 1/4" thick and is pretty light. It depends on what type of Velcro he used too. If you use the regular cheap velcro, it probably won't work. If you use the Extreme Velcro, it shouldn't come loose. I let the Velcro sit on my trunk for a day and tried pulling on it and it wasn't coming off. You have to staple the Velcro to the wood on the backside of the mat also. I'm just guessing here but I bet the Velcro was pulling off the back of the mat and not the trunk lid itself. I edited one of post above and showed what Velcro I used. It's been on my trunk a few weeks now and I went down some pretty bumpy roads (not fun in the mach as you probably already know. LOL) and there I no sign of it coming loose yet.

He did use a 1/4 inch wood but has for the Velcro, he used the 3m brand.. What I think what happen since it is his daily driver, Wood will collect moisture has time goes by and if enough moisture the wood will weigh a little heavier and that might been the issue but who knows it could have been the velcro. He stapled it has well so who knows probably the velcro.
1970 Mercury Cyclone GT 351C Blue Met
1976 Mustang Mustang II V6 White
1978 Mustang Mach 1 302 Midnight Blue
1995 Mustang GT Conv. 302 Teal
1996 Mustang V6 "Timex" 330,000 miles
2003 Mustang "Hollywood" Mach 1 MRT Promo Zinc Yellow

http://www.mustangclubofindianapolis.com

"Hollywood" is in Da House!!!!
j21moss is offline   Reply With Quote