View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #265
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Re: 50th Anv. Mustang Show @ Charlotte Apr 16-20, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
Reason I ask is bc someone here local said they made them park at the dragstrip with 7000 over mustangs. I called BS bc what I saw was MORE parking, inside parking, and then in the field behind the back stretch near turn 3.

They told me only 700 were allowed in the cruise in and people on facebook were pretty upset.

It was not as well organized as Carlise thats for sure.

There again, you'll hear different things but one source said only 1100 could park inside the track. I parked outside behind turn 3 the first 3 days and then they directed us inside on day 4 for the "drone" camera flyover and we parked on a big blacktop lot where Vaughn Gittin Jr had been doing his drifting routine the day before. I think the people over at the dragstrip were just parking and not part of the display showfield as they had to pay a parking fee. I saw probably hundreds of Mustangs parked in regular parking along with all the other non-Mustang who were there just to look.

They ran out of different items for the goodie bags so they must have been more people than anticipated. Yeah it was packed and crowded the first two days especially, but rain really held the crowd down Saturday. Sunday was beautiful but the weather damage had been done by then. I really enjoyed myself and so did everybody I knew there. But with some people you could make them happy if you stood on a street corner passing our $20 bills. They'd complain you didn't give them two $10 bills. Now on to Carlisle in June.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic