View Single Post
Old 06-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #36
glittle75

Re: Engine build for all the boost!

All the factory wiring that is no longer used. I plan to snip all the connectors off and save them in a jar just in case. I can always add wire. All the wiring will be scrapped.

2.75" pulley compared to the pulley that came with the blower for 10psi. This pulley should put the blower around 17,181 RPM at 7000 engine RPM. (6.75/ 2.75) x 7000 = 17,181. Crank diameter divided by pulley diameter, then multiply that number by engine RPM to determine blower RPM. KB states all their blowers should be kept below 18k RPM.
According to boost calculations, this should also put the boost at 18psi. But we will see, Im expecting to see 16psi or so with the longtubes and cams.

Also picked up a windows 10 tablet to keep in the car. Will be used for live datalogs and to view the holley gauges on screen when needed. I will do the bulk of the tuning on a laptop. But this should be nice to have for simple changes or seeing live datalogs while driving with it in a holder.

As soon as the correct harness is installed, I can tune the idle, ensure the car will hot start without any problems, and take it out for a drive. I have a pretty good base tune already just from me researching and asking other people that know what's what.

I will be shooting for 11.2 AFR and 18-19 degrees of timing at WOT. Idle and cruise AFR and tables will be whatever gets the best MPG, those will just require lots of drive time to dial in.

Holley EFI software is very intuitive to use, the GUI is very friendly, and there are forums and FB groups devoted to mod motor holley efi setup and tuning.

Figuring out how to run the factory cluster was a chore, most people i've seen don't bother figuring it out or wiring it up. But if you can read the schematics it's not too awfuly bad. The holley digital dash is very nice, alot of guys go with that. No wiring, plug and play with the ECU, and there are alot of places to find mounts.
I want the factory stuff to work, just because I want the car to look mostly stock. I want a car that I can toss the keys to anyone and they can get in and go drive. No switches, no start sequence, full interior, and full comforts.

More to come!
glittle75 is offline   Reply With Quote