View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 02:31 AM   #31
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: 03 Mach 1 open heart surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty67 View Post
I haven't gotten as much done this weekend as I wanted to. I have been totally worn out, had a strange sleep issue this week for no reason 2 nights so I'm down like 8 hours of sleep for the week right now. Haven't been able to catch any extra Z's so I'm running low on energy.

Last weekend I pulled my front bumper off and removed my oil filter relocation setup. I ended up just cutting the hoses since i need to replace them anyways. I'll need to take this all apart and clean everything thoroughly to make sure there aren't any metal shavings in any of the nooks and crannies in there. Probably need to replace the gaskets in the adapter block for the motor as well.

If you guys don't have any oil filter relocation setup, it is worth it for 3 reasons. First, you don't spill oil all over your steering rack every time you change the oil, second you can use the older 5.0 pushrod filter instead of the tiny tiny baby 4.6L filter and third you get a little more oil capacity for your oil system. All of these are things i think are good. There are obviously tons of kits out there for this but I ended up building out my own. Not sure if it was any cheaper but I got it done my way and I've been happy with it for years.
What is the "joes'" unit doing? I have a relocation kit but no joes...
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote