View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #40
Koz-04Mach
KLR - BEE

Re: Header install guide?

If it werent for the strict emissions in CT, I would def get the headers installed. When I get back to TX those will be going right in if I shoot to stay NA. Id say the price of the part and self install or even paying others to install it is way better then paying the price on U/D pullies for 8-12 hp and risking a motor. Heck gears are about half the price and you dont get any hp, thats not an easy install either. Bang for the buck, sure its not the best. But after you do the handfull of cheap mods, if you stay NA this is def one to go for. Id be more apt to spend the extra cash to have the intake gasket matched to the header too. But hey if the heads are all ready out, might as well port the intake and the heads. I look at it this way, when your done with the other bolt ons, where you gonna go for another 8-12 hp without spending lots of cash anyways.

You got Mid-Pipe, Aft Cat, gears, Mass Air (maybe if you swap out the entire inlet and have to go with it, i dont think id spend cash just on a mass air alone), Intake Spacer (ehh maybe), Shaker Raise (another ehh maybe, thats an appearance mod for me that would be on a person by person basis), dyno tune for sure. Headers is a good step to go after that, or go for the big bucks and get cams and port work. Even then cams from what I saw got 40hp+/- WITH exhaust and not by itself.
5 Speed
Sold - June 11, 2006
Koz-04Mach is offline   Reply With Quote