View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 11:58 PM   #37
Orange whip 04
Never Fear Smith Is Here

Re: Header install guide?

No iam not mad that i canot afford them or have them installed. I can have a set if i wish and iam a dyno lab technician and spent years as a Ford certified technician and work with all engine and exhaust applications. So i can do these things myself. Iam just stating facts for those people that use there machs as daily drivers who may think that headers are a necessity in which they are not in this day and age. Iam sorry if you think iam so negative but i feel its important that headers are not always needed because of todays technology and those people should consider how they want to use there mach when other people like to brainwash others into thinking that it is necessary. What i have been saying my be negative to you sir but may be positive to another. Iam just giving the other side of the story that some may be concerned about in which you disagree with. So who is being negative about it now? If racing is your bag and you require headers, thats just great. I can see how it would be to your advantage for that application. I would aquire a set of headers myself for that reason because i would want to squeez as much horse power out of my engine for that type of driving. Again, i just dont think for the money and time to tear up the mach for a set of headers is feasable for as little horse that we have been discussing in relationship to a normal daily driver when todays exhaust manifolds are good enough for street applications. If your happy with your headers, fine! If you think you need them, Fine! Thats what you must do. I want to show a fair and balanced view for pros and cons of headers and the misconceptions that ensue from header usage. Thats all.
Orange whip 04 is offline   Reply With Quote